Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

July 15th, 2016 17:00

Order was confirmed but had a processing issue?

I ordered a camera off of the Dell website with a gift card. It had shown as confirmed with an estimated delivery date although it never shipped. I called customer service multiple times and the first reason was because there was a processing issue. Then I another time they said it was because they were under the assumption that it was going to be shipped internationally. I don't know why they would assume that if I've only lived in the U.S. So the only thing they said I could do was cancel the order and purchase it again. I went ahead and cancelled the order but its been 4 days since when they said it would take 24-48 hours for the order to cancel and the money refunded. Will I get to actually make my purchase? I am not pleased with how Dell leaves mistakes to become unresolved.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

July 18th, 2016 15:00

Hi cs2223, 

An order's shipping date, as provided by a Dell Sales or Customer Care Representative or on the Dell Web site, is an estimate only and is not guaranteed.  Usually, a product will ship on or before its estimated shipping date.  Occasionally, vendor-related issues may delay the shipment of an order. 

Dell offers third party products on our website as a convenience for our customers. Dell does not manufacture or stock any third party items. When you place an order for a product from a third party, it goes directly to the manufacturer’s fulfillment center for dispatch. 

I apologize for any disappointment this unforeseen delay may have caused. I am happy to look into the reason for the need to cancel the order. If you still need assistance please reply to my email and provide the requested information so I may access your account records. 

Thanks,
Lorna

No Events found!