Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

AD

March 19th, 2018 20:00

Ordered laptop from Dell, lost/stolen by FEDEX, will I get reimbursed?

3/19/2018

Good evening,

On 3/12/2018 I ordered an Alienware 17 R4 laptop computer + expedited shipping (Order# ) from Dell's website. Today was the intended delivery date and have been tracking the package on the FEDEX app. Dell sends through FEDEX and requires indirect signature. At approximately 1:32pm (local) my FEDEX app sends me a notification that the laptop has been delivered and signed for. Didn't make sense though because I was at work at that time, nobody was home at my house. When I arrived home about an hour later there was no laptop, no delivery, and no note on the door. I double checked the delivery address, it matched my home address. I walked down my street to see if it was delivered to any other houses, and asked a few neighbors about it, no leads.

So I called FEDEX who said they would open up an investigation (#), have the driver 'backtrack' within a day or so, and that I should call back 3/21/2018 if I haven't received the laptop yet. So far I have also emailed Dell customer service but haven't heard back yet. I'll call tomorrow. I called my credit card company to start a case, but haven't taken action with them yet, have only opened a case and started taking notes.

Why I think that FEDEX is culpable and not only that, the driver or someone at FEDEX stole my laptop: So when I called FEDEX, I asked for a copy of the signature that was provided with the package. Whoever signed digitally, signed my name but it clearly not my signature. Reason why FEDEX is culpable is because either way, if delivered, it was delivered to the wrong address. Because obviously I was not home at the time, and I have proof of this. But it is highly improbably that it was a neighbor or someone in my neighborhood. Because that would mean that at 1:32pm, in which my neighborhood is a ghost town at that time because everyone is working, the FEDEX driver would just so happen to knock on the one door in which someone is home. And that person would to have to have answered the door, been given the package by FEDEX and in that split second, decided to pretend like they are me and that the address given is correct. And in that second, decide to break the law, possibly a federal law, and sign my name. Very implausible and I suspect someone at FEDEX jacked my package. Because even if it was misplaced, or given to a neighbor, who would sign a different name (my name)?

Anyways will keep this updated almost daily. Hopefully to get some attention, some help. But if nothing else create a living document, documenting this case. I predict the laptop is gone, I'll have to file a police report but the big question is, how do I get reimbursed 1600$/ get a new laptop sent to me.

8 Posts

April 4th, 2018 12:00

Same Here Order number fedex says it was delivered but nothing? Did you get a replacement? Ehat dis you have to do?

April 4th, 2018 14:00

Contact FEDEX they will do a three day investigation. Contact Dell tell them whats going on. If FEDEX is no dice after three days file a police report, send it to Dell they will promptly send you a replacement.

I just recieved mine yesterday. Although it was frustrating dealing with Dell at times they pulled through and took care of me, promptly.

Thanks Dell.

8 Posts

April 5th, 2018 09:00

Thanks for the reply I am dealing with both Fedex and Dell right now, tried filling a Police report but the Officer said that I have to wait until Fedex concludes the investigation. I am really frustrated! Hopefully it gest resolved.

Thanks

JD Garcia

April 5th, 2018 10:00

They told me the exact same thing. I guess you have to be patient. I was pretty bummed but it worked out.

Let me ask you so did someone sign your name? Get the proof of signature from FEDEX.

Because someone signed my name. I actually got scammed. Someone met the FEDEX driver along the route, not by my house, said they were me and apparently presented my ID and signed my name.

This is what he FEDEX driver said and I didn’t believe him. But I recently got a hold of security cam footage from the office building this happened at and he was telling the truth. Working to get the police to check lic plate.

I searched on internet to see if this is a new scam that’s out, nothing mentioned.

8 Posts

April 5th, 2018 11:00

Yes sir that is exactly what the driver is saying acording to the drivers supervisor who called me yesterday, that some one signed under my name and that an ID was presented, however my father in law was at home and no one came to the door. Also I have never seen a fedex deiver asking me for ID on previous shipments, It all sounds pretty strange to me. Waiting for the investigation to conclude so I can file my police report. It was also an AW R417 .

April 5th, 2018 11:00

You wouldnt happen to live in San Diego would you?

8 Posts

April 5th, 2018 12:00

Hi Alan I am in Miami

8 Posts

April 7th, 2018 04:00

FeDex investigation concluded the package was delivered, the driver came the next day driver says it was given to some one not at my delivery address but in the same complex that have an Id with my name. My question is How do you give a package to someonenin the street that is not @ the delivery address!? Police report was filed and sent to dell. Like you said the cases are very similar and iit looks to me like a inside job at fedex. I hope Dell takes responsability and send me a replacement I cannot be responsible for FeDex’s lack of responsibility.

I am really upset right now.

JD Garcia

1 Message

April 20th, 2018 07:00

I have the same exact problem you guys have. My package was suppose to come at 10:30 am and I was sleeping between 8:58 pm to 10:28 pm. My family were all gone when this happen and I was tried from work from 11 pm. The package was deliver at 9:53 PM I live in Illinois. They claim that a person with a dark green car that look like me went to the FedEx driver and had the exact name and address with my id. Claiming the person who looks like me said the package was damaged and he took it. I don't know if i been a victim of identity theft and here's why. The rest gets more confusing. So I reported to the police and dell process the exchange.Then I went to the FedEx office after calling 15 times and complain. They say that they will come to the door for now instead of giving to a person who runs up to the driver and matches my address and name,. She say there was nothing we can do but change the policy. (Side note Im curious to know if they said they were going to change their policy like they said to me. IT WOULD BE A GREAT HELP) So I call the executive office because she still didn't want me to see the driver and THEN they came to my house with the driver and the operation manger and he describe what happen. My first reaction was why didn't you come to the door and just gave it to a random person. Then my sister told me to calm down because I came from the police station to give dell serial number, So he told me that this man was eastern Europe 6 foot dark brown hair with a dark car with a id. I thought at first he had access to my email and I look at the ip address of the computer and I did not find a foreguin ip address. So My only conclusion would be someone is hacking dell website. Yesterday there was 3 laptops sent to the FedEx office and I pick up one. She told me you should check your credit report. NOW the most scairest part is that there was a man park outside of my house with a dark green car looking at my window. My sister try to take a picture of him but he notice her and left. what I'm about to say is important. Dell can only ship it to homes but they can't ship it to FedEx facility. They made a exception and BINGO. It makes sense why he waited outside. But I'm not entirely sure FedEx was working with dell. Thank you guys for bringing this up. I would like to hear from you. Did you guys got a signature with "it" or "if" (can't remember)? What did FedEx told you guys because now i'm afraid this man will continue doing this. Did you guys were told what the person look like? 

2 Posts

April 22nd, 2018 04:00

What did the police do after filing the report...did the come by the house to question you or see what may have happened?

2 Posts

April 22nd, 2018 04:00

Got your replacement laptop on 4/3/18 ...what took them so long?!

1 Message

April 26th, 2018 18:00

I had my laptop stolen on Monday this week, except it was a UPS driver. I always have my shipments sent to my workplace, and for nearly 5 years I've never had a problem. Then, while checking the tracking page I saw that my shipment was received by someone with my name. I called UPS right away and they had the driver come to my office, where he told me that he gave my XPS 9575 to someone on the street who showed him an ID with my name on it. I've also filed a police report and sent it off to Dell who will replace my computer.

I'm afraid that it may happen again, but at least this time around the driver knows who I am and unless he's sick that day, he'll be the one making the delivery. But just in case, I'm going to give UPS a call the day of the delivery to make sure the driver knows not to hand the package to anyone on the street...

April 27th, 2018 14:00

Hi,

I am in the same situation as you. Someone signed my order and I have no idea who it is. The system says my order was delivered and I never got it. How was the whole process of getting your laptop back? How was the support from Dell and FedEx? I filed a police report and forwarded it to Dell in hopes of refund, though no reply from them yet. I contacted FedEx and they said they'll have the driver backtrack and get the package back, though they haven't guaranteed anything.

I'd just like to know how it went down for you, so I know what to expect.

Thanks!

April 27th, 2018 15:00

So as a final update, I did end up getting a new laptop by Dell. However, when they sent it I asked by email and phone if they could send it to a FEDEX facility and I could pick it up. Of course they couldn't do this, and FEDEX delivered the laptop to my stoop when nobody was home, and literally put the rug on top of the box.

I caught up with the FEDEX driver who tuck with his story that someone approached him with my ID and asked for the laptop. I told him to show me on a map where this happened. He put a pin in, and it wasn't even in my neighborhood. It was in an office park up the street. So I definitely thought he was lying out of his **bleep**.

Got in my car went to the office park, they had cameras all over the place. Thought to myself I got this **bleep** now. Took me two weeks to get a hold of someone to hold on to the footage. They wouldn't share it with me and said I'd have to have an officer pick it up. Took me a month and a half to get a police officer to get the footage.

The footage does indeed show someone going up to the FEDEX driver and receiving the laptop box. Guy was driving a silver car. Couldn't get licenses plate too grainy. 

My investigation is almost at the end of the line. Only thing I can do now is send it to FEDEX security and see if they recognize the guy/ car. Maybe it's an employee?

Anyways keep your paperwork in order on email, keep on them and hopefully they'll send you a new laptop. Start building you case to cover your **bleep** and take notes so you don't forget the minor details.

8 Posts

April 27th, 2018 15:00

Hello all, wow I cannot believe how many people with the same case! As Alan says jus keep your records, i would call fedex and Dell every day, also you can ask for a Supervisor when you call Dell once Fedex concludes the investigation. Also send Dell an email with all Details . They sent me another one and received it on 4/20. I have to thank Dell because eventhought I had 3 weeks of heavy stress they came through. Only thing is to check your warranty once you receive yours. I was checking the warranty and it shows a expired. Seems that Dell warranty dept for some reason is expecting the first laptop back. I have called and sent emails , they told me over the phone not to worry but it still shows as if the warranty has expired. Good luck on getting back your laptop! It looks to me strange how many people posting with similar cases!!
No Events found!