Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 2nd, 2016 19:00

Ordering experience failure

Today I had the unfortunate displeasure of ordering a docking station from the #Dell website.  One would think that an organization such as #Dell whose purpose is to produce technology, would ensure their own online ordering function was flawless.  Flawless was far from my experience.  

As I was checking out the item in my cart, I noticed an offer code which came up from #Dell for an additional 10% off.  The offer included a statement that it was good until 5/2/16, today! I entered the code but the discount would not apply.  I decided to use the chat function to inquire about this problem (after past frustrating experiences with the phone customer disservice I thought the chat service must be better!).  After waiting 10+ minutes for the chat service and an additional 15 min while typing in all of my info and the order info again then waiting for the representative to figure out something, I was sent an email that required me to go online and order the item.  In case anyone has read this far and was wondering, the chat function was just as frustrating as the phone disservice!

So then I decided to use the phone customer service.  After calling the number and being transferred 4, yes 4 times, I was told that the 10% discount code would not work because it expired on 5/2/16.  I informed the representative that today was 5/2/16 and therefore it was not expired.  I then asked what date it was at their location and was told it was 5/3/16!  

So herein lies #Dell's problem- outsourcing.  If they are going to outsource their customer service or other customer facing functions, be sure the information presented to any given customer is in sync with their location.  

9.4K Posts

May 3rd, 2016 09:00

Hi Beaulieus,

Thanks for posting.

I was able to locate the discount code for this coupon.  There is some fine print to read and I've copied it here:

Electronics and Accessories Coupon: Offers subject to change. Coupon may not be combined with other offers, discounts or coupons. Taxes, shipping, handling and other fees apply. Valid on electronic and accessory purchases through Dell Home & MPP, without a system. One coupon per customer.
Not valid for resellers and/or online auctions.

Exclude all Ink and toner skus. Excludes: Logitech MX Anywhere 2 Wireless Mouse, Logitech MX Master Wireless Mouse, Logitech G502 gaming mouse, Logitech Conference Cam CC3000e, Bose, Garmin, JBL, Harman Kardon, Fugoo, Ultimate Ears speakers, Samsung speakers, Sony speakers, Acme, Mio, MisFit, Microsoft Band 2, Parrot, gaming consoles and software, tablets, smartphones, cameras, camcorders, camera lenses, all TVs, home theater products, all 3rd party software, Canon printers, MakerBot Replicator Desktop 3D Printer, MakerBot PLA Filament, all warranties
and gift cards and Dell Monitors and Accessories: S2317HWi, SE2417HG, S2817Q, S2317HJ, U2417H, U2417HJ, U2717D, U2717DA, U2417HWi, U2417HJ, UP3017Q, MR2217, C7016H, KM714. Coupon expires 5/02/2016 7am CST.

While I don't know what your exact order entailed, it is possible that the coupon did not apply due to one of the above reasons.

If you need further assistance, please contact me privately.

Regards,
Robert

No Events found!