Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

October 3rd, 2013 14:00

Orders being canceled, with no help from dell

Ok,

So the other day I purchased 2 new laptops from the web store, got all the emails and everything looked great. Both laptops went into production status.  So the next day i check my email spam folder and see 2 emails saying that my order was being delayed due to some issue with my credit card.  I thought Odd, I checked the bank and saw the amounts as pre-authorized so everything should be good.

Then comes my mistake of trying to get in tough with this verification team. I called the number they had on the email, and sat on hold for OVER 4 HOURS!! then i gave up and used the web chat.  I was immediately provided with a chat agent, I had asked him/her about this issue and they assured me that everything was good to go, and there were absolutely no issues with my order and to disregard the emails.

So I took their advice and did just that. Now today (the next day) I receive an email saying my orders are canceled. ??

I tried to contact the verification number again, only yet again for the 2nd day to sit on hold for over 4 HOURS!! So i left a message,  NO callback, I emailed, NO callback!!

Seriously This is a good chunk of money on 2 new laptops that is in a sense a rush, as my work laptop is on it's last legs..

Next I had also ordered a cooling pad, It shipped and everything, the cooling pad was expected to be delivered today and it was called back from dell, even though the funds already went though.  So Dell recalls the cooling pad which annoys me since it was already paid for, but they haven't even refunded the money on my CC yet.

So today I decided to try again and ordered just 1 laptop this time,  i'm going to go elsewhere for a new work one, since i need it in a hurry.

But am I going to get this same treatment again?  If so how do I get in touch with the verification team? and don't just give me that 800 number, because i'll be  if i'm going to sit on hold for 4 hours again, and have every other type of communication ignored!

If this order goes the same as the last i'm calling the BBB, and taking the last of my business elsewhere (they already lost 1 laptop sale). this is absolutely ridiculous!

No wonder Dell is a failing business these days,  Nobody can order anything!

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

October 3rd, 2013 19:00

Moving this thread to the Customer Care Forum.

Bev.

8.8K Posts

October 4th, 2013 11:00

Aleas,

Let me put you in touch with Lorna, our Customer Care Liaison.

Please click on  Lorna's name here:   DELL-Lorna M.,   then click on Send A Private Message.

In your message include the following.

Email Address:  
    Shipping Address:
    Phone Number:
    Dell order number or Service Tag number:
    Your country
    Country where system was bought
    Issues, (you can just paste what you wrote above)

Please give her a day or two to get back to you.

Zb1

8.8K Posts

October 4th, 2013 12:00

Well, the choice is entirely yours.

...if you change you mind, send an email to Lorna, if not, good luck with whatever you buy.

Sorry for all this trouble...

Zb1

just curious, with that price you must have been ordering something fro Alienware??  I using an m18x right now, it's a mean machine.  Was yours a AW and if so what model.  

3 Posts

October 4th, 2013 12:00

Thanks, but after the run around on the phone I got today, I just told the guy on the phone to cancel all my orders (about $8,000) worth, and refund my money they have already withdrew.

This order has just become a nightmare and ordered elsewhere.  Never in my life have I had so many issues trying to order something.

8.8K Posts

October 5th, 2013 16:00

That's what I am using now, the Alienware 18, fully decked out.

3 Posts

October 5th, 2013 16:00

I was looking at the Alienware 18" fully decked out, and an XPS for the woman..

No Events found!