pthd11
1 Copper

Overheating Laptop

Please help me.

I am hoping you can help me obtain a refund. I received my laptop on 3/25/16. Three days later I made my first contact with Dell support about the laptop continuously overheating. Since then I have had numerous contacts with Dell support. The laptop was shipped back to Dell for repair and returned to me. The overheating problem still exists and I have been in contact with Dell on a continuing basis since then.

I want to return this laptop to Dell for a refund. When I contacted Dell I was told told that the time limit for this purchase has expired and it can not be returned for a refund. I explained to the two people that I talked to that I made contact with Dell about the the overheating problem since the third day I had this laptop and that the time limit has expired because I allowed Dell to continue to work to correct the overheating problem. Since Dell has been aware of the problems since three days after I received the laptop and a considerable amount of time has gone by trying to resolve the issue I believe the time limit is not valid. I do not believe I should be penalized because I have allowed Dell more than a reasonable amount of time to solve the overheating problems.

Your help in resolving this will be appreciated

Contact History:

3/28/16 Dell Chat, session ID 73906307

3/31/16 Phone Support

4/07/16 submitted online support request, ticket # 927953113 created, emails are still on going.

4/08/16 - 4/12/16 emails to and from from Dell, ticket #7115461-30637258#

4/12/16 Phone Support and continuations of emails regarding ticket # 927953113

4/20/16 email from Dell arranging for laptop to be returned for repair

4/25/16 received shipping box and label

4/27/16 shipped laptop to Dell

5/04/16 received laptop from Dell, overheating problems continue, continues email dialog, ticket # 927953113

5/09/16 sent email to Dell Tech Support requesting arrangements be made to return laptop for refund, ticket # 927953113

5/10/16 phone contact with Dell order support requesting return for refund and was told time limit for refunds had expired. I talked to two people, one told me the limit was 21 days and the other told me 30 days. I explained the above history and was told no exceptions.

5/11/16 filled out Repeat or Unresolved Incidents online form

5/12/16 email response from to above from Tech Support, continues email dialog, ticket # 927953113

5/14/16 email from Dell Support saying case will elevated to L3, ticket # 927953113, 

5/14/16 to present email dialog regarding ticket # 927953113 continues.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Community Manager
Community Manager

RE: Overheating Laptop

Hi pthd11,

Thanks for posting.

From your post, it appears you have escalated to the highest department at Dell.  The Unresolved Issues department has more flexibility and authority than we do on this Forum.  Please continue to work with the escalations team to resolve this.  If anyone can do it, they can.

Regards,
Robert

Dell-Robert P
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, please send us the Dell service tag number via a private message
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos