Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 15th, 2016 13:00

Phone scammer

I keep getting a phone call from Dell support saying I have been infected with a virus. I am a tech guy and KNOW this is a phone scam and not Dell. I'm concerned they have hacked Dell servers and obtained personal information about me and others as they knew my last name, orders I have placed with Dell and other information. The number they keep calling from is 856-240-0971 and its always an Indian accent from India.

9.4K Posts

August 16th, 2016 09:00

Hi bpiranha,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Protection of your data is a top priority for Dell.

Unfortunately, technology phone scams have become prevalent across our industry.

Please keep in mind, Dell does not make unsolicited calls asking to charge you to fix an issue you did not report.

Agents may contact you though our DellConnect software and Dell Support Center software. But those two only happen if you agree to be contacted within the software while on the troubleshooting call.

We would love for you to take a moment to help us stop cyber-criminals by reporting the details about your interaction. Please complete this form. This will allow us to investigate further. Also, please read this Wiki which has more helpful data.

Regards,
Robert

No Events found!