Pcruce
1 Copper

Please exchange the broke Xbox you sent me

So I thought I got lucky since I got the Black Friday Deal. Turns out the disc drive on the Xbox was broke, so I thought not a huge deal I'll just get Dell to do an exchange. Wrong! Dell says they can't do an exchange because no stock of the promotion. I don't need the controller or Fallout replaced, just the Xbox, that you currently sell on your website! They tell me there is no way, I can only get a refund. Normally this wouldn't be an issue, but now you can't buy an Xbox from anybody for $299, let alone get all the extras. So am I just out of luck? They wouldn't even give me a credit to but the $349 for $299 without the extras. This just seems very unfair, anybody else have an issue?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
8 Krypton

RE: Please exchange the broke Xbox you sent me

Hello!  So the XBOX promo was an entire set, and because its a package deal they would need the entire thing back to swap it out.  Yes they have other xbox's but those are retail versions in their own bundles and they cannot take one from there to exchange.  You can however call microsoft and they will swap out just the unit itself or repair it. 

0 Kudos
Pcruce
1 Copper

I tried to ship it all back but they said no stock. Microsoft could sent a refurb, but I just bought a brand new one, I shouldn't have to get a refurb.

0 Kudos

Hey at least you got one, they cancelled my order instead of telling you that you will need to wait. I was on the phone with them for 3+ hours today after an email I received, and in this email verbatim it say Dell will email me with in 24 hours will the same deal. Never happened, so they don't know they were being recorded. So if they want to rectify the situation, they would need to contact me per the email they sent me or my go pro video will go live.

-TheRealCustomerServiceRep

Highlighted
saabbug
6 Indium

It seems this has become a giant cluster<ADMIN NOTE: Substitute character removed as per TOU>on dells part. I got the deal only to get it in the mail with no extra game or controller.  I have a case open with dell and have had no resolution. Therefore i have contacted mt cc company and put the transaction in dispute, which is what i recommend to all of you. Dell has 90 days to make it right per what the cc company told me or i get a free xbox.

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Hmm.  I'll be honest I'm a little surprised Microsoft wouldn't do a new for new exchange.  I would contact them again and ask for a supervisor.  Explain its a promo bundle and it was broken right out of the box and you feel you should get a new replacement.  

Like I said earlier, Dell won't be able to assist you since they don't have any more to swap out unfortunately (as far as i know). 

0 Kudos