Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

2 Posts

September 24th, 2019 10:00

Poor customer service and policy

So my uncle had bought a Dell G5 5587, when I received it, the graphics card had a code 43. A technician looked at it and decided the best course of action was to send it in for repair at their depot.  I waited around a week to get it back and when I did, same error code! Another technician later, he wanted me to reinstall the OS but didn't have a flash drive, had to wait two days to get one, during the reinstall process, we encountered an issue and suggested to send it back to the depot. At that point, I thought I was done and wanted a replacement. So I contacted them over live chat and they said they would do a exchange but they would only give me a refurbished model in exchange for a brand new one, that is unacceptable. It felt like I had no choice so I begrudgery accepted, but another form on the community page told me about twitter so I went to the twitter support, I canceled the refurbished replacement because it wasn't fair. After two more technicians looked at it, they  wanted to troubleshoot more but this time, I was done so I requested a replacement but they then tell me they couldn't guarantee me one even though 700 hundred dollars was paid for a defective product they pushed out. This isn't right!

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

September 24th, 2019 12:00

Thank you for your message. I apologize for the inconvenience surrounding your order.

All replacement made after the initial 30 days will be with a refurbished unit. Any systems returned by customers for non-technical issues, system opened from the package for testing purposes will be termed as certified refurbished.

I will be glad to review this & assist you further. For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the order/ customer number, registered name & email address.

2 Posts

September 25th, 2019 07:00

But the reason is past thirty days is because it was being fixed by you guys, so it sounds like your problem that it's past thirty days.

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

September 25th, 2019 10:00

I will be glad to review this & assist you based on the case details. Please private message the details requested.

No Events found!