Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 4th, 2017 09:00

Poor repair option

I purchased a laptop two weeks ago and already had a problem with a button popping off the keyboard.  As this laptop is the most expensive of the laptops I have purchased in the last 20 years and the first to have a keyboard problem I was already disenchanted.  Then I learned that I had 2 options for repair of the laptop.  To wait for a computer tech to respond to my home or to mail the computer in.  Either option was not acceptable to me as I don't wish to stand by for whatever time period at my home for a computer tech to stop by and was disappointed to find that I could not take the computer to some nearby business where the computer tech would be responding from instead as it would be more convenient for me.  Mailing my laptop in and waiting for it to be repaired and shipped back was also not a convenient alternative.  Although the number of Dell computers I have purchased have had very few problems over the years the options I have been offered for repair of my laptop are not acceptable.  

2.3K Posts

January 4th, 2017 12:00

Those are the only options you have unless there is a Best Buy near you, but you would still have to leave it there for a bit to get it repaired.  Your warranty options were given to you at time of checkout. 

No Events found!