Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 25th, 2009 14:00

Pre Production vs Production & Customer Service Department

Just really wanted to give everyone a heads up at how unprofessional the Dell Customer Service Department is.  I placed an order on 3/4/2009 ordering a laptop, laptop bag, a flash drive and a wireless mouse and also received a confirmation email with everything I ordered.  After a couple of days while logging onto the Dell website all I could pull up information on was the accessories and not the laptop.  I contacted customer service to ask them why I was only able to pull up my accessories I ordered and not the laptop.  They stated that they did not show a laptop was ordered.  I told them that I received a confirmtion email with everything I ordered on it.  I forwarded the email to the customer service department on 3/6/2009.  I never received an email back that day so I logged in to the Dell website later that night to see if they corrected it.  Yes they corrected it as it then showed an order date of 3/6/2009.  I received my accessories on 3/10/2009.  My laptop showed that it was in pre production and an estimated delivery date was 3/31/2009.  Come 3/24/2009 I still had not gotten a shipping confirmation email and it was supposed to be delivered by 3/31/2009.  I logged onto the Dell Website and sure enough, it was DELAYED to 4/7/2009 and was still in the pre production stage.  I emailed Customer service and they responded to me stating that there could be a payment issue and that I needed to contact Dell Financial Services. That really upset me so I called the Order Status Customer Service Department and a gentleman told me that he would advise me to cancel my order because they can not get the parts for the laptop I ordered and stated that he would transfer me to that department to get it cancelled and I would need to resubmit another order.  Was transferred to the canceling department and a gentleman there stated that he was not sure why the order status department told me that I needed to cancel my order because he shows that everything is fine, they have all the parts and that there are no payment issues.  He assured me that my order will go into the production stage within 48 hours and was confident that I would receive my order on or before 4/7/2009. This is how unprofessional the Dell Customer Service Department is, and I don't believe they know what they are doing. Adding to the post: April 1, 2009. My order did not go in the pre production stage, as of today April 1st it is still in preproduction.  They delayed my order to one extra day (4/8/09) then I got an email today stating that it was delayed again to 4/20/09.  This is rediculous! Delayed again on 4/13/09- EDD of 4/30/09.

No Responses!
No Events found!