Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 13th, 2019 13:00

Promo Visa Prepaid Card

I received my Claim Validation email on June 27 but I have not yet received the $100 Promo Visa card that I was eligible to receive. I reached out to the Dell Promotional Support Team and was told that I would receive my card by August 2. I didn't receive it and again contacted the Promo Team a week ago and was told that they would investigate and provide me with an update. I didn't hear back from them and sent another email 2 days ago to which I have had no response. I am by now very frustrated that I have not received the promised Promo card and that I am not getting any answers.

2 Posts

December 13th, 2019 12:00

Thank you Dell-SreejithR!

Called and posted here 12/11
Resolved 12/13
Loaded onto Amzn 12/13

Thanks again!

Ciao

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

August 14th, 2019 08:00

Thank you for your message. I will be glad to review this & assist you further.

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the order number, registered name & email address.

August 21st, 2019 23:00

You are not the only one.  My claim was validated 26 June.  To date I have received absolutely nothing.  I have raised numerous support tickets with both the visa cashback team and Dell.  Nothing has happened.  On both sides it has been escalated to a support supervisor, but still nothing.  Here is a typical email I get from the promotional team:

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately we are yet to receive an update on your case.

I can confirm we have requested your case to be prioritised, as the email containing the gift card is yet to be received by yourself.

Please be assured we will contact you once we have any information on your case.

We apologise for any inconvenience and thank you for your continuous patience.

Should you have any further queries in the meantime, do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards,

xxxc@ Dell Promotional Support Team>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a typical email |I get from the Dell side:

Thank you for your email. We are making every effort to get this Visa card sent out to you as soon as possible. I have already escalated it internally, I will update you as soon as I hear from them.

Thank You.

Regards,

xxxxx

Senior Analyst, Customer Services

Dell EMC | Global Business Services

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It has now been two months since my claim was validated.  I have honestly lost track of how many email, support requests, and telephone calls I have made over this.  I keep asking Dell to just refund $150 back to the credit card I purchased my laptop from but they just keep giving me the same answer.  

Here is how the "system" works from waht I can piece together from the various emails I have recieved:

1. You buy your Laptop from Dell, being promised a promotional visa card

2.  You need to file a claim with a contracted company who does claim fulfillment

3.  Once your claim is validated, that company now sends it to yet another third party contractor who sends you the Visa Link

From what I can tell, none of these companies share any info with each other and you need to peel the layers of this system like an onion.  I now have claims escalated at both Dell and Visa Cashback, but am unable to crack the code to get to someone in the company who actually sends out the email with the link, and they are the only ones that know what is going on.  

I have been told that the email was already sent and to "check my junk folder".  There is nothing there.  I have asked at LEAST 10 times for the date the email was sent, the subject line of the email, and the email address it was sent to so that I can confirm the 3rd company is sending to the correct email address and then contact my ISP to look for the email. I have been asking for this info for 3 weeks now and they are unable to provide it, which leads me to have serious doubts that they are telling the truth about this matter.

I would advise anyone who is thinking about buying a Dell with the visa promo think long and hard before you do so.

1 Message

September 4th, 2019 19:00

I placed an order on 28/08/2019, with the same promo. I had purchased a laptop with a guarantee of 100$ Visa Gift card, in the instructions it was indicated that I must provide proof that it had been shipped. 

I only received the email that the laptop had been shipped and upon trying to start my claim, I noticed the website url returns "Promotion Closed". https://dellgiftcardpromo.com/us/en/claims/bts/late]

How does this make sense, I purchased the product on the August 28, and was well in within the time limit of the claiming policy. 

Submit your claim online within 30 days from the date your new Dell PC ships.

3 Apprentice

• 

263 Posts

September 5th, 2019 03:00

Greetings, 

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. 

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sahana R) & send a private message with the order/ customer number, registered name & email address.

Let me check what best can be done. 

Thanks,

7 Posts

September 5th, 2019 13:00

My guess would be that you clicked on the wrong link...there are several promos https://dellgiftcardpromo.com/

1 Message

September 6th, 2019 10:00

I also bought a display from Dell promising a $50 prepaid visa but there has been no information sent at all. I've been peeling through the packaging and the email invoice but I can't find any information, so it does look like it's all designed to not actually work. Is there supposed to be a confirmation specifically for the visa card that comes after successful delivery?

7 Posts

September 6th, 2019 12:00

You need to submit your claim online to get the digital visa gift card.  Here is the link, pick the promotion appropriate to you.  https://dellgiftcardpromo.com/

4 Posts

September 10th, 2019 20:00

I am currently in the same situation. My claim was validated on 8/14/2019 and we're now entering the 4th week and I have received nothing except an email stating they are preparing my card for delivery. I received that email two weeks ago.

Do you have an update on your claim?

September 10th, 2019 21:00

Wow, y'all got a step further than me. For whatever reason, my purchase was denied (from Dell, not the English promotion team) because it was invalid for the promotion even though it says right on my invoice that a $100 Visa card. Yes, I included all necessary documents including the invoice of the order. Of course, when I contacted Dell, they told me to contact the promotion team. The promotion team tells me they don't know why it was denied. According to these other posts, it looks like even if it were approved, I wouldn't get the card in my email anyways. I like how another poster put it. It's designed to fail so they don't need to follow through on their promise.

7 Posts

September 11th, 2019 06:00

I did finally receive my card.  I had been contacting the Promo team via email and was getting nowhere.   I decided to call them and was told that I had already been sent a link to retrieve my $100 card which I did not receive or find in my SPAM.  While I was still on the line, they resent the email and I still did not receive it.  I think it was an issue caused by my ISP.  When I gave them an alternative email (Hotmail), I did receive the email with the link.  They stayed on the line with me as I completed the steps to activate the card.  The contact on the phone was extremely helpful and was successful in getting me my card.  E-mailing and messaging doesn’t seem to be an effective way to resolve this problem.

September 12th, 2019 04:00

That's good to hear.  I'll try that today then and see.   I have gmail which I wonder is the issue then.  I do have hotmail as well.  

4 Posts

September 12th, 2019 19:00

Thank you for replying. Tomorrow is day 30 since my rebate was "sent for fulfillment" and I will be calling them for an update if I don't have the email in the morning.

My rebate was for $200, so I am not going to play around with them about it. I bought a system for over $1200 which I did need but would not have purchased if not for the rebate, so I will hold them to this promise. I have already checked with the BBB and FTC who both recommend filing complaints if not received within the 30 days as promised.

If you don't mind my asking, which number did you call to actually get a person to do what should have been done the first time you contacted?

7 Posts

September 13th, 2019 05:00

It was 2 months after my claim was validated that I finally received my card.  I think they were overwhelmed with the response to this promo.  I originally contacted them using the Contact Us Form found on the gift card promo support page and then corresponded with the Promo Team via email for a month.  In these emails, I was promised many times I would be receiving it soon or at the end of next week.  I called the telephone number found on the support page at the bottom of the Contact Us Form and was able to get it resolved.  Good Luck with your claim.  BTW, my claim is still showing as Sent for fulfillment 27/06/2019.  I don't think they do any updates to that page.

September 17th, 2019 05:00

I'm still waiting on my card as well.  But i"m not stopping to reminding them either, even if it does take 2 months.  

No Events found!