Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 13th, 2014 11:00

Refund going back to an lost CC. I need help

Hello I was on chat with a rep and he cancelled the order and filed for a refund before i can say that the refund is going back to a lost credit card. Then left chat shortly after. I wanted a dell gift card instead if that was possible or refunded to a different cc

Thank you!  I mainly just want the refund to get processed correctly either get a check or get a refund via dell gift card(if the gift card can be processed sooner within a couple of days) so i can make a  purchase for another laptop.

8.8K Posts

blackbearfuzzy

I have forwarded this thread to a forum manager at Dell  in Texas.  Let me see what I'm told you should do?

Z

8.8K Posts

August 13th, 2014 13:00

blackbearfuzzy

Here is the reply I was waiting for. I am quoting her word for word.

"All refunds/Credits are returned to the original method of payment. No exceptions. If the card is lost, he needs to contact the bank and either have the card replaced or have the funds transferred to a different account.  There is no option to have the funds placed on a gift card."

I hope this helps?

Z

2.3K Posts

August 13th, 2014 19:00

If you ordered something via Credit Card through a US bank and that card was lost or stolen, the refund will still go back to the card, however the Bank will know that card is not working anymore and generally they will dump the funds back into your active card account automatically.  I would also call your bank to let them know that a refund is headed your way and to watch out for it.

No Events found!