Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 24th, 2017 20:00

Refund

This is probably posted in the wrong forum but here goes..

I ordered an alienware 17 laptop and waited a few days for the order confirmation. My bank account was charged immediately however, no surprise there. Then I decided to call customer support, they told me that my order was declined because dell didn't have the parts for the laptop and they also said that my bank account was NOT charged. I told them that I can see the money has gone out. Then they offered me some other configuration and I declined and asked to cancel everything and that I want my money back. They said that if an order is declined you will be refunded within 48 hours.

It's been a lot longer than 48 hours and still no refund.

I have seen other forums (not on dell Community) saying that the refund process takes as long as 3 weeks?

If thats the case that is going to cause some me some difficulties as my main laptop is broken and I was hoping to get a new one within two weeks since I will be going abroad.

I have found another laptop on ebay but of course I cant pay for it since dell is holding my money. 

P.S I don't understand why you can configure a laptop that dell doesn't even have.

2.3K Posts

January 25th, 2017 09:00

The money hasn't actually been taken out but put on hold.  Dell doesn't actually charge the account until the unit ships.  Dell normally releases the hold within 48 hours but can be longer depending on your bank.  Orders that have been shipped, received, etc., can take up to 3 weeks. 

January 25th, 2017 10:00

Its been over four days. My order got canceled pretty much straight away and still no refund.

Should I call the Better Business Bureau because this is ridiculous.

2.3K Posts

January 25th, 2017 10:00

I doubt they can do anything, at least in a timely manner.  I'd contact your bank and let them know whats going on. 

January 26th, 2017 03:00

They finally gave it back this morning. They should tell people it takes 5 days not the 48 hours ***. This was the first time I tried to order something from the manufacturer, I think I will stick to Amazon and Ebay from now on.

BeamerMT79 thanks for your help

No Events found!