Highlighted
8 Krypton

Release date for XPS 12 upgrade (with Haswell processor)?

Let me first be clear by saying that Dell has already announced the Haswell upgrade to the XPS 12.  In Dell's OWN press release on June 4, 2012, they stated that this upgraded machine would be available "in the coming weeks."

How is it then that NO Dell representatives can provided ANY further information about a release date?  Do the customer care reps not talk to their own marketing people?

If anyone does have updated information, I would appreciate it! 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
orlun
1 Copper

Re: Release date for XPS 12 upgrade (with Haswell processor)?

I'm in the same boat.  No one at Dell support has a clue when the XPS with 4th gen will be out.  I need to order some brand of convertible and have it delivered before mid August and if Dell can't get any info out there I'll have to look at the other brands.    I've read articles that state July 7th but nothing from Dell.

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Yeah, my old netbook is slowly deteriorating, so I need to order something new sooner rather than later...the XPS 12 is my favorite of what I've seen, especially with the Haswell upgrade, but I don't think I can wait until September for it!  emoticon.Ick.title  

During a chat, one Dell rep did tell me "mid-July," but I can't seem to get any confirmation of that; I don't understand why more accurate info is not available.

0 Kudos
DarkZero952
6 Indium

During a new release usaly things like this people may say mid July for one and late September maybe as another says that just means an "Offical Date" has yet to be set and or under consideration by finding a date to set. Note: Informaiton is inconclusive at best depending on general speaking as it is from another forum.
0 Kudos