Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 4th, 2015 12:00

Return shipping on ultrasharp monitor purchase

Hello,

I recently purchased a u2515h monitor and got it on Friday but to my disappointment it had a couple of dead pixels so I would like to return it for another under the premium panel policy.  I had this happen several years ago with a u2410 which I went through a few before settling on one with a pink hue as it was better than the right to left tint issues on the others.  Anyway there was no issues with returning the monitors then but for some reason now I'm being told I have to pay for the return shipping because there is no purolator office near me but there is a Canada post which is where the monitor was delivered to me from.  So if I can receive a monitor from Purolator through Canada Post why can't I send it back in a similar way without me having to pay out of my own pocket for it since it is a warranty issue?  I have called customer service and asked for a manager and was told they couldn't do anything for me and that i would have to either take a day off work and catch a ferry to go to the nearest purolator office or pay Canada Post myself.  When I told them about how I was serviced before they didn't care and when I asked if the policy had been changed they said no and that they couldn't help me out.

From my side this is frustrating because I don't feel it is fair for me to have to pay return ship for warranty issues on a new product because if I have to do this a few time, I might have paid half or more of the initial product in additional shipping charges, not to mention wasting alot of my time.  If this is going to be the case I could and would just use another company that does pay rma shipping for warranty issues.  I know from Dell's end they would be losing profit margin by paying for the shipping but that is a cost of operating a online business as they don't have to pay for bricks and mortar stores.  The other alternative is spend more on quality control of products to reduce warranty and customer service issue but these are all corporate level decisions.

I have submitted this issue for escalation but wanted to try and get help from as many ways possible to avoid my 21 day period from running out just waiting on how to proceed with this issue.

So to sum up this is a return shipping policy issue that just happens to be a monitor in this case but would apply to all other products that get shipped.  I would like to know if this is the rule then I will probably not ever purchase products from Dell unless it is at a bricks and mortar location and would then encourage all others to do the same to avoid paying warranty shipping costs that could greatly increase the initial purchase price of the products they buy.

Thanks.

Steve

2 Posts

August 6th, 2015 10:00

Update, I managed to find a friend who is heading down island this weekend that can drop the monitor off at a staples store that will take purolator parcels.  I think Dell will be closing the issue now with my case but I would still like to hear some other thoughts from Dell support and or others on this forum about the issue of the shipping, since they didn't help me in this case.

So the question is if Dell uses only Purolator for shipping and nothing else can I get a confirmation on this so that everyone knows that they need to make sure they are in a Purolator service area otherwise they will be out of pocket any return shipping costs even if it is a warranty issue.  These costs can be significant as I checked with Canada Post and they told me the lowest cost for shipping the monitor back would be 35 dollars and the fastest would cost 130 dollars.

Hopefully the replacement monitor will not have any problems otherwise I will probably be back at this stage again.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

August 11th, 2015 07:00

Hi Steve, 

Thank you for posting your comments on the Dell Community Forum Customer Care Board. We appreciate you taking the time to relate your customer journey.

According to your comments, the CA postal service delivered the monitor initially. That may be because Purolator has a contract with the postal service to accept delivery of items into areas Purolator doesn’t service. Dell does not have a contract with the CA postal service. If you want to use that method of delivery, you will need to pay for that yourself. Dell contracts with Purolator to ship our products.

I trust this information is helpful. Should you need additional assistance, please continue to work with your current CA support technician. 

Thanks,
Lorna

No Events found!