Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 12th, 2015 10:00

Searching for the official repair center near me

I'm in WA and have some hardware problem in my dell laptop. I want to find the official repair center near me.  It's hard to find the place in the internet. Could anyone give me the official repair center address list in WA? Thanks. 

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

August 12th, 2015 12:00

Unfortunately, no such list or facility exist. Your Dell computer came with a warranty for either onsite repair or depot repair. The purchased warranty also requires that some troubleshooting steps be taken with a Dell Technical Support representative, prior to setting up warranty service. You can also post on the Laptop General Hardware Forum board and one of our community members can assist you in troubleshooting.

3 Posts

August 12th, 2015 13:00

I have bought the laptop in China. And when I try to reach the online tech support by type in the service number, the system indicate me to switch to the purchase region. My laptop is in warranty and I am now in Olympia WA 98501. Could you tell me how to deal with the situation. Can I have the carry in fix the laptop nearby or where I can send the laptop if it has to be?

Thank you!

3 Posts

August 12th, 2015 13:00

Thank you for reply. And I bought the computer outside the US, but I also bought the global warranty and it still under guarantee. I can not chat with the technical support in the US because I only have another region's service code. What should I do if I want to talk with the person before repairing laptop?

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

August 12th, 2015 20:00

You have to transfer the ownership of the tag from China to the USA. Once completed, then USA Technical Support can assist. Read this and then do this.

No Events found!