Service Tag Transfer & Motherboard replacement issues

Jump to solution

Hello,

I've bought my Dell XPS 17 laptop approx a year and a half ago. It had a 1-year warranty and 3-year Parts Only warranty on it. I am currently half-way through my Parts Only warranty which ends in September, 2014. I had no need to use warranty the first year as everything was working perfectly fine but a month ago voltage regulator on my motherboard died and I decided I'd like to use my Parts Only warranty to get a replacement motherboad. And this is when it became problematic.

The problem is that laptop was bought in Lithuania (Europe). From 'Omnitel' retailer which is one of the largest telecommunications provider in Lithuania. When I checked my warranty status online my Service Tag was assigned to Kazakhstan. Prior to that I had no need to use my warranty and had no clue my Service Tag have been assigned incorrectly.

Now, since at the moment I am studing in UK, I'd like for my warranty to be transferred from Kazakhstan to UK. I filled International Service Tag Transfer form two weeks ago (18 days ago to be precise). And still didn't get any response from Dell whatsoever.

My questions are:

1) Will my Service Tag be transferred? How can I speed this process up and/or get updated on what's going on with it?

2) If it is not eligable for international transfer, who should I contact? LIthuanian retailer? Kazakhstan technical support?

The thing is, I've bought a Dell product. Now when I want a replacement part to be shipped to me why does it matter which country I want it to be shipped to? I honestly enjoyed my laptop performance and was planning to upgrade to an another Dell machine after the warranty ends but now I am not sure if I want to do so anymore.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Service Tag Transfer & Motherboard replacement issues

Jump to solution

Hi Jevgenij Rodionov

Thank you for posting in our Community!

It's good that you have submitted an International Tag Transfer form. Question, did you receive any acknowledgement email or any response as soon as you submit the form? Since you mentioned purchasing this from a Retailer, did you Register your tag first before submitting the International Tag Transfer? I have included some links below that you can use for this transfer;

Registration link

Ownership Tag Transfer link

Service Contracts that are non-transferable link

As mentioned from the Ownership Tag Transfer page, the transfer process can take up to 15 business days for international transfer. Not all product types and service contract types are available for transfer outside of Purchase country. Mostly, those with Next Business Day contract are serviceable/transferable.

You may provide me via private message (click my username and then click Start Conversation) your service tag so I can see the details of your contract and see what I can do. If you can also tell me what are the issues of your motherboard and i'll be glad to assist you with it.

Thank you.

Thanks & Regards,
DELL-Frances Y
#IworkforDell
To learn more about Dell Products, Services, and Drivers, click Here

1 Reply
Highlighted

Re: Service Tag Transfer & Motherboard replacement issues

Jump to solution

Hi Jevgenij Rodionov

Thank you for posting in our Community!

It's good that you have submitted an International Tag Transfer form. Question, did you receive any acknowledgement email or any response as soon as you submit the form? Since you mentioned purchasing this from a Retailer, did you Register your tag first before submitting the International Tag Transfer? I have included some links below that you can use for this transfer;

Registration link

Ownership Tag Transfer link

Service Contracts that are non-transferable link

As mentioned from the Ownership Tag Transfer page, the transfer process can take up to 15 business days for international transfer. Not all product types and service contract types are available for transfer outside of Purchase country. Mostly, those with Next Business Day contract are serviceable/transferable.

You may provide me via private message (click my username and then click Start Conversation) your service tag so I can see the details of your contract and see what I can do. If you can also tell me what are the issues of your motherboard and i'll be glad to assist you with it.

Thank you.

Thanks & Regards,
DELL-Frances Y
#IworkforDell
To learn more about Dell Products, Services, and Drivers, click Here