Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

Closed

1 Message

June 15th, 2019 09:00

Should I expect shipping to take forever?

I ordered a G5 gaming laptop on June 5th, and it was supposed to ship two days ago. Customer support has been completely useless in answering my questions pertaining to this unofficial delay. 

Is Dell a nightmare with shipping? I am counting on the estimated delivery date of the 19th, because I'm moving. Would I be better off taking my business elsewhere?

1 Message

December 16th, 2019 10:00

@stellz I ordered mine on Dec 2nd 2019 Alienware Aurora R8.  First estimate delivery date was Dec 20th (Fri) and got an updated e-mail from dell my order is delayed to Jan 16th 2020.  So I contact customer support and end up saying "We are short with some parts".

There is indeed a global parts shortage on the processors. This is why the order has been delayed. We're deeply sorry about this entire inconvenience.
DELL-Cares

1 Message

June 21st, 2019 23:00

Hi,

I have the exact same problem - my order, which was placed on 6th June, had a delivery estimate of 13-21 June. I tried to track every day but after having no info, I reached customer service on 18th. They said they would reach out to me. Next day, they give me a Toll track no and say I’ll have my order on 20th. Nothing happened. I called on Friday, after 4 reps I have forwarded to Toll, which said they have not received the order! I call Dell, they say they will follow up but no one called back. And then on Twitter Dell account, rep tells me it's still in transit to local hub?!?

Did you finally get yours this week?

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

June 24th, 2019 11:00

Thank you for your message. I apologize for inconvenience surrounding your order. I will be glad to investigate this & assist you further.

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the order number, registered name & email address.

29 Posts

October 11th, 2019 22:00

I ordered a New Dell Vostro 14 5490 on 30th Sept 2019. Till today it's still not finished the built yet. I also wondering how it will be delivered on 23rd Oct. I am wondering how a such reputable company takes so long to built a simple machine. Yet you may have a components supply problem, but that's your problem. You should have a strategic plan to handle such a situation.

Frankly speaking, I am a bit off with Dell delivery system. If such a bad customer purchasing experience still persists, then it will be my last order...and Dell PC/Laptop business will not last very long from users' perspective (guess they are too focused on corporate clients). 

Dell should not ignore buyers' comment and improve on its delivery system ASAP.

6 Posts

October 31st, 2019 10:00

Yeah I paid for expedited shipping in my AW M15 and it took and extra month, with no official delay. Never got my money back for shipping.

customer service is atrocious and once my Alienware pc is obsolete or does I’ll be taking my business anywhere but dell.

i ordered a graphics card for my amplifier 2 and a half weeks ago and paid for expedited shipping on it too. Not even a single status update yet. Hasn’t changed from “confirmed”

December 6th, 2019 16:00

I just bought my Area 51m last month, and I have already received 2 delayed notices so far. 1 week extended to 2 weeks, and now it's going to take another 3 weeks from today. I can see where this is going - once 3 weeks is up, I'll receive another delayed notice and then god knows when my laptop will get here.

I did read that Intel is having a shortage of their chips, which is causing a huge delay. But if only Dell would be transparent about this in the first place, then no one would have a problem with it since it would then be entirely the decision of the customer to proceed with purchasing the item or not.

15 Posts

December 9th, 2019 20:00

Oh boy..... i just ordered Alienware Aurora R9 intel version, a few days ago, if this ends up delayed at all ill just end up canceling and ordering from some other site.

i really hope this isnt the case ....

1 Message

December 10th, 2023 12:58

I ordered a laptop on 28-Nov-2023. Got an email saying it had shipped on 30-Nov-2023. I haven't heard any update since then and it is now 11-Dec-2023 which is the last day of the estimated delivery date range. It is almost impossible to navigate Dell's support portal, you end up at FAQs that then loop back to your order page. You have to try various different routes until you can open a support request via an online form. However don't expect a quick response and good luck getting a definitive explanation for the delay in the delivery. I am still waiting for contact from any courier. It could be on Santa's sleigh as far as I know.

Years ago I ordered a laptop from Dell and it took over a month to be delivered. Dell had lost track of the order and had to resubmit it into their system. I hope I don't have the ssme yhing happen this time.

No Events found!