Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 15th, 2017 12:00

So frustrated with what Dell calls "Customer Support"

I am so tired of having to deal with a group of people whom don't understand the language (English), don't speak clearly enough to be understood, don't speak loudly enough to be heard, or type using poor grammar. Every time I encounter "Customer Service" I encounter endless holds while the person on the other end tries to figure out how to do what I am asking them to do or just flat out doesn't have a clue. I just tried to update the expiration date on a credit card used to make a purchase. I entered it wrong, so it was my fault. The call to fix this took 19 minutes of actual conversation time. The representative picks up the phone and asks to put me on hold. I told her what was needed 3 different times throughout the conversation. She came back and said the payment didn't go through. I already know this as that is why I called; to update the expiration date so the payment would go through. Finally, the third time she gets it. She puts me on hold again. Is your system so poorly designed that it is that much of an effort for your representatives to make a modification to the payment method? Then you have the two conversations I have had in separate online chat sessions over the last two days. The same person, both times, cut off the conversation before I was finished. I call the customer complaint number only to be told "I don't have access to that part of the system, but I will pass along your feedback.". I truly expect you to do so. (sarcasm) It never fails, every time I have to contact Dell support I have to waste so much time and get passed around. I am done purchasing through Dell. No more servers, workstations, laptops, or switches at work or the house. There are too many other companies I can buy from and get service that doesn't waste my time and stuff up. I would say it is a language barrier, but come on. How long have we had to deal with different nationals providing "service" only to see the whole process get worse and more frustrating? At what point do we STOP cutting corners on cost and put a little bit of a premium on quality of service? Give me someone who understands English, can speak it clearly, and MAYBE even understand grammar so when they speak or type the meaning is clearly understood.

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

November 16th, 2017 08:00

Thank you for your message.

We understand that your experience with us has been not good so far.  However, let me assure that our customers are and will always remain our priority. We hope that we get a chance to turn around your experience with us.

We will certainly take this as a feedback & share with the concerned team.

Since the order hasn’t gone through you will need to place a fresh order & update the details again as there is nothing much that can be done, on an order which is not complete or canceled.

If you have received an internet receipt number, we would recommend you to contact our order verification team on 1- 877-896-6033 (Monday- Friday 9 AM-6 PM CST), they should be able to assist you with the correction.

1 Message

May 30th, 2018 06:00

Its awful and totally agree that a little extra mile for customers would go a long way, but if they cannot even listen and understand what your asking or always go the long way round telling you the answer to pretty basic questions then it taints the experience from the word go and I will not invest money in a company that operates this way. I'm new to wanting to buy off Dell and they have lost my custom straight away..

who is ram swaroop anyway lol, over the course of a week ive went on chat to ask things about the new xps15 on 3 different days and its the same person (ram) every time who seems not to care about what your asking but more on when will you send the money to buy something..

not good enough, big company with big money but terrible support and sales system

No Events found!