1. Ordered 3 Dell outlet monitors when they were running 35% off (S2716DG x1 and U2413 x2);
2. Received 3 boxes for this order, took the S2716DG out for calibration and set up for my main monitor. Left the two, assumed U2413, boxes on the side because no space on the desk.
3. Found panel issue - dead pixels, on the S2716DG and called in to replace. The agent first stared a full order exchange process, and I told her I only want to replace the S2716DG. So she canceled the first exchange and started a second one;
The whole process was sense making until now....
4. While she was putting me on hold and get me a return label, I opened the other two boxes to check if everything is in order, only to find Dell shipped me 2x U2414H instead of U2413. Really?!
5. Went back to speak to the agent and told her what I found, she got totally confused. She said,' sir, you should be happy, because you got the better ones'. Last time I check, U2413 has premier color (brand new monitor runs for $559 on dell website, and U2414H is $339). So, no?, I want my U2413.
6. She got all confused, and start to say non-sense making things. So I said, that's do one thing at a time, get me the shipping label for S2716DG replacement first, I will call in another time to deal with the wrong models.
7. She E-mailed me a label ... when I print it out, it says weight: 1lbs...... speechless.
Things turned out of control from here....
8. I then started to call other customer care agents to try to get the other two wrong models replaced. Because now in the system, there are two exchanges (even though one of them is to be canceled, but not reflected in the system yet), and the order details listed the two 24 inch monitor as accessories to the S2716DG instead of separate monitors, it became very confusing to explain to someone. I politely stated that the issue can be rather complicated, and please give me two minutes to tell the story to every agent I spoke to. Well, in a nutshell, by the time I gave up yesterday, I spoke to roughly a dozen agents from dell's customer care, returns, retention, sales solutions departments and got no solid resolution. I was called straight out loud 'Weird' by one of the agent who think I shouldn't be expecting anything other than just cancel and return the entire order. Really? that's how you treat your customer who use his own time to try to resolve a mistake Dell made in processing his order?! You can say that I buy from the outlet and my time may not worth much, but really? That was a first time I heard a customer care agent insult me out loud. Now one of the customer retention lady was very kind and after understanding the whole story, she said she would check if U2413 refurbished is still available, if not, she will offer me something more expensive to compensate me for my effort, and her name was Harshita. She could not do that herself and have to get the return department involved, but the call was disconnected during the attempt to conference call. I have not heard back from her ever since.
9. My last call to Dell yesterday, I requested a manager before I even start to repeat the situation, the agent agreed to transfer, but I waited 47 minutes on the hold, no one pick up. I hang up. Exhausted.
10. Today is Friday, after work, I thought I gave it another go, called customer care, the guy was patient and heard everything out, and then said he cannot help, he needs to transfer me to a specialist. Agreed.
11. Got transferred, this guy was patient too, heard my story, and actually, using a different tool was able to see my original order, and saw that I did order U2413 in the initial order, and somehow, the Dell order detail page, after production, shows U2414H. He said he fully understand the issue now, but his department only handles return, but not exchange, he needs to transfer me back to customer care. I said to him that I am tired of all this transferring, can he stay on the line and explain my situation to the next agent. He agreed. The transfer started, and then, phone got disconnected.
12. Now Friday night, 8:46PM CT, another 2 hours on the phone, back to square one. Dont know where I am with my S2716DG exchange, don't know what to do.
13. If this community really works, please read my story and give me some advice on who I should contact or what to do next. Or where do I file a formal complaint within Dell organization? Million thanks in advance.
Thanks for posting.
Apologies that your purchase experience was a bit less than desired. I'm not entirely sure how or why the monitor models were substituted. Hopefully they can get this resolved for you quickly.
You can escalate your issue to the Unresolved Issues department by going to this link and filling out the form.
Thanks for replying to my concern. At least someone is looking at my post. The issue is till here. Today is my 5th day spent on calling on this matter. Customer care kick me to sales resolution because they can not handle exchange for 'unlike' product (different model number than what they see on their screen - and their screen is showing the wrong model number U2414H). Then sales resolution will say they dont handle exchange at all, and ask me to go back to customer care.
I've scored 5 rounds between the two departments this morning already.
Already submitted the ticket to the unsolved issue department. But I sense they will just say: 'You already have your replacement order processed' - (the single monitor exchange for S2716DG, which does not resolve anything here)
Any further information I can get from you about escalating this matter? Thanks in advance.
The Unresolved Issues department has an authority higher than mine, so they would be the best ones to escalate to.