Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 15th, 2015 08:00

Stuck between support of two countries

I need help!

I have a laptop that has been giving me trouble since I bought it. I have replaced almost ALL components at least twice. My current issue seems to be ongoing and support has been struggling with replacing components and troubleshooting.

The India escalations team proposed a replacement and then backtracked as they cannot do the same for laptops purchased in the US and transferred to India.

They suggested me getting in touch with US support but this is what Dell Cares has to say when I asked for the email id for escalation support in the US!

"Hi, there is no email address as such. You may write to One Dell Way. Round Rock, Texas 78682. The escalations 1/2"

We're sorry, that is the only option available. Please write to our corporate office as informed earlier. ^NR"

Here are my questions:

1. I need a working system which is not happening. Who do I connect with? I am already dealing with India escalations who seem to be clueless or not interested

2. How do I get the laptop issue fixed or get it replaced? Looks like both US and India are not willing to take any ownership at this moment!

3. Why am I suffering with poor support since the past 25 days which involves at least 10 hours of tech support at home and 5 days of my laptops at the service depot?

Someone please help me!

Girish

4 Posts

May 17th, 2015 08:00

Can some one from Dell headquarters please provide some clarity and assistance?

9.4K Posts

May 18th, 2015 12:00

Hi girishku,

Thanks for posting.

Per the terms of sale, computers purchased in the USA are not to be exported outside the country.  There are many reasons for that, but the main one being that parts and services differ between countries.  If the parts or services are not available in India for the computer purchased in the USA, then the computer will have to return to the USA for service.

In your post you mentioned that you have contacted @DellCares, they are an escalations team that can help you, so in order to prevent duplication of effort, please continue working with them, as they have the same abilities as we do here on the Forum.  Thanks

Regards,

Robert

No Events found!