System Dead On Arrival, Exchange system "In Production" for 2 + weeks

After ordering and paying for a system from the Outlet, when it arrived it was dead- would not power on or show any signs of function out of the box.  I immediately called tech support and told them I wanted to know that fastest method to get a replacement, as my 8 year old studio had just died.  I was told that an exchange would be the fastest so that is what I agreed to.  I was told to expect the replacement to arrive with 8-10 days and I was assured that there was nothing to worry about.  After not receiving any update I called back, I was told the case had been escalated to the exchange team and I would get an update.  I have still not received a satisfactory update and have only been told to keep waiting.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

RE: System Dead On Arrival, Exchange system "In Production" for 2 + weeks

Hi Andy,

Thanks for posting. 

I was able to check the information on your account, and found that they've initiated a return and refund for you.  It appears that the product has returned to Dell receiving on 5/23.  A normal return takes about 30 - 45 days to refund the customer's money.  It will take approximately 20 more days to process the return, 10 days for them to check it in, and another 10 days for finance to create the credit.

I apologize for the inconvenience, but hanks for your patience, hopefully this will happen sooner. If you require additional assistance, please contact me privately.

Regards,
Robert

Dell-Robert P
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, please send us the Dell service tag number via a private message
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos

I need you to expedite this refund. It is not acceptable to have to wait 30-45 days to get my money back after you have recognized that you have recieved the defective product. If this isn't resolved within the week I will be forced to contact my credit card company and let you deal with them.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'll be happy to ask the team to see what they can do to expedite.

Dell-Robert P
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, please send us the Dell service tag number via a private message
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos