Highlighted
acaciasublette
1 Copper

Technical Support Failure

I have been using Dell products for 10 years now and I have never been disappointed.  However, recently the operating system on my laptop stopped working and the person that was helping me told me that I should just have it replaced and all of my information and applications  would still be on the computer.  Unfortunately the technician was wrong and four years worth of research papers, pictures, etc. were gone forever.  After my computer was "fixed" I never heard from the person that told me that all of my important information would be safe.  

I wish Dell would have done something to apologize for the false information that cost me four years of school work, college essays, and irreplaceable memories. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply

RE: Technical Support Failure

Hi acaciasublette,

Thank you for posting your comments on the Dell Community Forum Customer Care Board. We appreciate anyone who will take the time to share their customer experience, either good or bad. Please allow me to apologize for any frustration or inconvenience this matter may have caused. It is regrettable that you may not have been provided accurate information regarding the back-up of your software and data. Because the procedure is so well documented, it would be highly irregular for one of our technicians to be unaware of or provide inaccurate information regarding the Data Back-Up Policy.

We also encourage our customers to become familiar with the Terms and Conditions of our service contracts: PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS UNDER WHICH DELL MARKETING L.P. (“DELL”) AGREES TO PROVIDE IN-HOME REPAIR SERVICES FOR SYSTEM ISSUES COVERED BY YOUR DELL LIMITED HARDWARE WARRANTY (see www.dell.com/warranty).

According to your Service Contract, http://dell.to/1BQ54Z8, SYSTEM BACKUP REQUIREMENT: Prior to requesting services, it is your responsibility to back up the software and data on your Product's hard disk drive and on any other storage device(s) in the Product. In addition, Customer is responsible for removing any confidential, proprietary, or personal information and any removable media such as SIM cards, CDs, or PC Cards. Dell is not responsible for any loss of any software or data.

While you are not able to secure the software or data after the fact, I trust this information is helpful going forward. Please feel free to contact us if we may be of any additional assistance in this matter.

Sincerely,

Lorna

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos