Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

January 19th, 2015 12:00

Technical Support Nightmares

I have been a Dell customer for about 20 years. In the past, the customer and tech support have been superb; until now. I have made 3 calls to Dell, and spent nearly 3 hours on hold. One of the issues I resolved on my own. ( If you reinstall Win 8.1, make sure you also install the Windows Updates, otherwise the "drivers" disk will not run; something the technician was unaware. Notwithstanding the fact the ALL the techs that I spoke with were reading from scripts, English was their respective 2nd languages, thus creating a frustrating and unresponsive exchange of inconclusive and unworkable solutions.

My latest foray was precipitated by my discovery that my new Inspiron 7377 (17 1700) laptop is recognizing two different video cards :Intel HD and NVidia GeForce GT 750, replete with drivers for both. The order and the configuration reveals the Laptop was shipped with the GeForce. However, the application the NVidia provided (3D  Vision Viewer) does not work because it doesn't recognize the graphics card. Dells own diagnostics also reveal the presence of 2 video cards and drivers, but somehow reconciles that they both are operating properly. However, screen resolution and text size are appear "fuzzy" when expand to a larger font or text size; hardly the performance I would expect from and NVidia driver. Nonetheless, I called tech support twice today and spent about 1.5 hours on hold while the tech tried to figure things out-which he did not. I have no resolution other than express my complete dissatisfaction with your Tech Support. There must be an efficient and quick resolution to this rather rudimentary problem.

No Responses!
No Events found!