Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

P

May 31st, 2017 10:00

Technical support issues

I've been dealing with technical support for 4 or 5 months now on and off trying to get an issue resolved with an external display disconnecting from my laptop at random. They've had me wipe my computer and re-install windows, and they've even sent a technician out to my place of business to replace my logic board. I would like to exchange this system under my warranty, but the technical support people claim "The warranty of the system doesn't cover system exchange."

I'm assuming I have  a "Consumer In-Home Hardware Service After Remote Diagnosis" service plan. Both paragraph 12 and paragraph 14 have provisions pursuant to which Dell may exchange this system.

10 Elder

• 

43.5K Posts

June 8th, 2017 10:00

You probably should re-post this in the Customer Care forum.

en.community.dell.com/.../default.aspx

Be sure to include the exact PC model, but do not include any personal info, or your Service Tag, etc, when you post over there.

Hope they can help...

27 Posts

June 9th, 2017 10:00

I can't. Now the Captcha won't let me post.

10 Elder

• 

43.5K Posts

June 9th, 2017 12:00

I pinged my Dell tech contacts about your issues so they may reach out directly to you, either in this thread or via a Private Message in this forum.

You can access your PMs by clicking the Messages link at the top of any forum page after you log in.

10 Elder

• 

43.5K Posts

We all have issues with reCaptcha on Dell's forums. They're supposed to be working on fixing it...

Sometimes you just have to keep going, even after you've correctly matched the query, and reCaptcha still wants more responses from you.  Some days I have to go through 5-6 sets before I get the green checkmark for a post. :emotion-6:

If your browser is blocking cookies, that can affect how reCaptcha responds to your answers. And it supposedly works better with Chrome than with Internet Explorer...

27 Posts

Okay, I'll watch for it. Thanks.

9.4K Posts

June 13th, 2017 07:00

Hi Plivy,

Thanks for posting.

You should fill out an Unresolved Issues form so that the Escalations team can assist you further.  You will need your SR number, and you could refer back to your earlier posts about your experience with tech support.

27 Posts

June 13th, 2017 08:00

I actually did this about a month ago. As far as I can tell, all the escalations people did was tell the tech support people that I had filled out the form. I ended up just working with the same people I was working with before--i.e., I didn't experience any "escalation".

Last week, after sending my computer to the repair depot and receiving back in the same condition (except now with a burr in the aluminum case), the tech support people have decided that I need to send in my computer for repair a second time, except his time they're going to add a note to the repair people that they should try harder. Tech support refused to request a system exchange, so I don't really seem to have any other choice but to send in my computer again, so I guess that's what I'm going to do. I told them on the phone that if this doesn't work, I'm going to insist on a system exchange. They said they would ask, but that they couldn't guarantee it would happen.

27 Posts

June 21st, 2017 09:00

I submitted the unresolved issue form anyway. We'll see what happens.

27 Posts

June 21st, 2017 09:00

I just received my laptop back today from the repair depot for a second time and the display issue remains.

27 Posts

June 21st, 2017 18:00

I received an apologetic email from one of the tech support people on my case. I called tech support, explained the situation, and was escalated to level 3 technical support. I was informed that there are no technical support levels beyond level 3. I explained to the person on the phone that I was not happy with the fact that there are levels of technical support which have not yet been consulted even though internal parts of my laptop have been replaced three times.

May 30th, 2018 00:00

I to face may issues and solves it by the help of customer care toll 

Tech support for various serivces 

No Events found!