Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 26th, 2017 11:00

Terrible Customer Care

I bought an Inspiron laptop 5767 in January 2017.  I bought it in the US, but I live in Mexico.  Therefore when I sent it in for warranteed repairs I was told by the Dell Latin America headquarters in El Salvador that had to send it to the Mexico City repair center.  I sent it on November 6.   The laptop was returned to me about 2 weeks later.  When I received the box from the DHL agent I noticed that the laptop was moving around in the packaging.  I opened the box the next day and saw that the upper and lower right hand corners of the laptop were smashed.  I turned the computer on but could not boot it up.  I immediately contacted the El Salvador office and was told I needed to return the laptop to the Mexico City repair center.  I indicated to the El Salvador (ES) representative that I did not wish to return it to Mexico City because of the careless way they had packed my laptop.  I felt it was indicative of the level of "service"I could expect  of the Mexico City plant.

I spent hours and hours on the phone with US customer care reps in the Philippines and India.  They all said the same thing:  I had to work with the ES office.  I therefore called them again and was told that I would need to send the laptop back to Mexico City.  I did that on Thursday, November 23.  I tracked the package carefully.  Yesterday (Saturday) it arrived in the repair center.  DELIVERY WAS REFUSED.

I immediately called El Salvador.  The man I spoke with said such a thing had never happened before, and that they were "going to look into it."

Frankly, I have no confidence in that at all.  My interactions with Dell in Latin America, India and the Philippines have not produced anything yet beyond a broken, useless $600.00+ laptop.

|I do not wish to wait forever for the possible (but not likely) positive resolution to this problem through the Latin American headquarters office.  I would appreciate intervention by US Customer Care people.  

Thank you.

Sharon Mackwell

US telephone number

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

November 27th, 2017 14:00

Thank you for your message. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.

This could have happened while the system is in transit.

Since the system is now registered to the US, there is nothing much that can be done by the US technical team & this has to be handled by the Service center in Mexico City.

If the damage occurred during transit from Dell service center to you, this should be repaired under warranty.

Please click on my Dell username & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

No Events found!