Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 26th, 2017 10:00

Terrible support from Dell Customer Care

On October 11, 2017, I ordered a color laser printer and an extra toner, purchase ID 2005750425198. I paid for the order with the Dell Advantage Loyalty rewards I had earned when buying a Precision 5520 laptop in July and put the remainder on my American Express. It was supposed to be delivered on October 16 (which is incidentally the day my father passed away). On October 25, after returning from the out-of-town funeral, I checked the status of my order and find it has not been processed and no order number has been assigned yet (on the website, it is still "in processing" status). So I contact chat support and wait for 30 minutes for chat, only to be told I need to call 1-800-624-9897. So I call the number to ask about my order and am told it was canceled because the item was out of stock but yet it is still offered on the website so they will be happy to transfer me to the sales department so I can order another one. Not good enough; I want to know why I was not contacted when the order was canceled, but customer care cannot provide a response, except to say they can only transfer me to sales. So I ask to speak to a supervisor only to be transferred to someone who is not helpful who transfers me again but instead I just get disconnected. I call back and this time am transferred to the credit card processing department who tell me the order was canceled because it was declined by my credit card company as fraudulent. I explain that AmEx never contacted me about any declined charges so I find that suspicious. So I ask to confirm which credit card was used (it is defined in my profile and was used to by my computer in July, but I just want to check all the facts and make sure the numbers are correct), but I am told the credit card department does not have access to that info so they have to transfer me again and, surprise, I get disconnected. I have now been told 2 different reasons for the order cancellation. I call AmEx and they confirm the purchase amount from Dell was approved by AmEx but then subsequently canceled by Dell. So I call Dell Customer Care a third time but first I request to have the Advantage Loyalty rewards reinstated so I can use them to try and purchase the printer again and hooray I am told they will be deposited back in my account in 2-3 days but that I may have to call back to have the expiration date extended because they were supposed to expire on October 25. After this conversation, I ask to speak to someone about why the order was canceled and I am transferred again and guess what, get disconnected. So I decide to wait a day and try again. I call back on October 26, only to be told the reason for my order cancelation was an internal system issue and my order will be delivered in 1 or 2 days. This is incredulous, so I ask for the order number and am put on hold, only to be disconnected. Whatever is going on with Dell Customer Care, it is the worst customer support I have ever received. After this experience, I don't think I can ever risk purchasing another item from Dell--trying to find out what happened to my order has been absolutely terrible. Every customer care representative I talk to does not know anything and none of them have given me a satisfactory answer--all they want to do is transfer me to the sales department. I want Dell to take responsibility for the canceled order, provide a believable reason why it was canceled and I want them to make it right. So far I have called four times and was transferred triple that and was told three different reasons for the order cancelation, none of which make sense, and then subsequently disconnected. How is this a way to run a business?

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

November 1st, 2017 07:00

Thank you for your message. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.

We strive to provide a great purchase experience for all of our customers. I regret we missed the mark in your case.

As per the order details, we see that the account is on hold & if the hold continues this will be cancelled automatically.

I see that you have already reached out to our customer service team & they have raised a request to refund on the rewards account. They will get back to you in the next 2-3 business days & also keep you posted via email.

Request you to respond to their email & they should be able to assist you further with the status of the refund.

3 Posts

November 7th, 2017 06:00

Thank you, Sreejith Ramesh, but you are simply proving my point. Can you please provide useful information? I have no idea what you mean by “the account is on hold.” Specifically, what account? And why is it on hold? For what it's worth, I am still frustrated with the lack of transparency related to this order issue, the lack of contact from Dell on the status of my order, the lack of ownership Dell has taken for all the above, and the amount of time I had to invest to finally complete the order. By the way, I did get my loyalty advantage rewards reinstated (they were only valid for 1 day), but was able to go ahead and complete the order and I expect it will arrive today. 

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

November 7th, 2017 10:00

We understand your concern. I wish could have provided you more details on the account.

For security reasons, we do not have access to any of the account details. There could be multiple reasons for the account to be on hold & only our verification team will be able to explain this to you & this will be done only by phone.

Glad to know that you were able to complete the order. Feel free to reach out to us if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

June 1st, 2018 18:00

I’m having the exact same issue, the charge was made on my card, and the order was cancelled and I still haven’t seen my money bank, contacting dell only gives me half answers, one representative told me it was my bank that declined the transaction, other told me my account was on hold, but why the **bleep** are they holding MY MONEY if the order has been cancelled, I’m just hoping it is returned fast enough so I can take my money somewhere else. Service is just terrible, phone number provided hangs a lot and it’s frustrating beyond relief

No Events found!