Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 24th, 2015 06:00

Transfer of Ownership headaches

I've been trying to get something squared away for the past couple days now with no luck. 

I purchased a Dell Precision m6800 off ebay from a reseller E-Cycle Green LLC.  The gentleman I bought it from says his company purchased them in bulk from Dell Financial Services in late August. 

The motherboard currently has an issue and needs to be replaced.  Dell Technical Support confirmed this, and took my ebay order invoice to confirm I actually purchased the laptop.  I purchased the laptop earlier this month, and neither me or the ebay seller no who the previous owner is. 

I have spent hours on the phone with Dell being transferred from department to department with no luck whatsoever.  The one thing I do know is the laptop is still under warranty until 2017. 

I submitted the online forms, only to be denied because I do not know the previous company that owned the laptop while it was in lease.

If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.

2 Posts

October 24th, 2015 16:00

One thing I forgot to add.  On the bottom of the laptop there is a green sticker that reads "REFURBISHED to Dell specifications by GENCO."  From research, laptops that have come off lease and resold under Dell Outlet seem to have this sticker.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

October 24th, 2015 17:00

Check the private message I just sent you.

No Events found!