Highlighted
wbradney
2 Bronze

US Estimated Delivery Date 10/29?

Just ordered an Inspiron 17 7000 for my wife and didn't notice the lead time -- is this accurate? My card was charged within minutes of the order so I'm hoping this estimate is a mistake. I've ordered probably a dozen machines over the years and never seen a delay like this that didn't give a clear warning during configuration/ordering.

Please advise.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
zbestwun2001
5 Iridium

RE: US Estimated Delivery Date 10/29?

wbradney

That is an unusually long wait period, I agree.

Use this form to contact Dell and verify that date?

Give them a few business days for your response. Let me know what they say?

Z............

Dell Forum Member Since 2004 but not an employee of Dell

If this answers your question, click
  Yes  

0 Kudos
wbradney
2 Bronze

Opened a support case on the 10th June to get an update on this -- still no reply. What's going on over there at Dell these days? I remember much better experiences here in the past...

0 Kudos
scottmarlowe
1 Copper

I ordered the same laptop a week ago (6/17) and they've got my "Estimated Delivery Date" down as 11/11/14. I'm trying to confirm if that's accurate or not. I got one response right away to my initial inquiry, but the answer was not very definitive (or reassuring). I'm waiting to hear back on my reply.

0 Kudos
scottmarlowe
1 Copper

Customer support just told me in a very straight-faced manner that 5 months is accurate and that I *might* get it before then. Unbelievable. I'll give them until the end of the week, then I'll cancel the order and take another look at the other guys.

0 Kudos
scottmarlowe
1 Copper

Dell just got back to me. The Inspiron 17 7000 series has a "part shortage" and that my only option at this time is to cancel the order. Done. Cancelled. Now I need to start over. Probably going to look at the other guys.

0 Kudos