Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 22nd, 2017 07:00

Unable to Track Laptop shipping Request - Please help

I have order a dell laptop on 11/14.I got the estimated delivery date as 11/29.But I want to check whether the status has been shipped or not but the status was confirmed for 1 week

I enquired yesterday and checked with customer care to expedite the shipping and they accepted the request and I got the order status as shipped(order number - 303144199)

Also there was a fedex tracking number that was updated.But when I checked the status I could see that the laptop has not been shipped just the label has been created

I checked regarding the same and the customer care replied that the laptop would be shipped from Asia to Ellenwood,GA then from ellenwood to my location.Also she was not able to provide any request to track the shipment from Asia to ellenwood.

There is a fedex tracking updated in my purchase request but it says yet to shipped.Let me know how can i track my shipment.Also what is the earliest date i can expect the delivery

3 Posts

November 22nd, 2017 10:00

The status has to reflecting that way.ideally it should say shipped from manufacturer..if it simply says shipped the I would try to locate the shipment status

2.3K Posts

November 22nd, 2017 10:00

Hello!  You will not be able to track the shipment from the point of manufacture to Dell's distribution center, only from the distribution center to your location. 

3 Posts

November 22nd, 2017 11:00

Can you let me know whether the laptop was shipped today from China.When I bought,the estimated delivery date was given as  11/29.What is the earliest date are we expecting based on current shipment status

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

November 22nd, 2017 11:00

You won't see an update until it hits FedEx in Georgia -- the system is shipped from Dell's ODM in China to there -- and until it hits the US, only the ODM (Quanta, Compal, Wistron,etc.) will have a record of it.

Notebooks are not made by Dell (or most of the other "name" brands with the exceptions of ASUS and Lenovo, which DO make many of their own systems).  They're built by contract manufacturers and often now shipped direct from them without ever passing through the hands of the company whose name is on the outside of the system.

No Events found!