Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 7th, 2013 14:00

Unsatisfied Customer

I recently bought my 4th PC from Dell. I have always been happy with the products and customer service I have received from Dell in the past, but this time was different. When my new laptop arrived, I noticed that I had received the wrong processor in the computer. I ordered an i5, but received an i3. I called the Customer Support number to try to resolve the issue and ended up being transferred back and forth between Customer Support and Technical Support for the next hour and a half before my issue was finally escalated to the proper department. No one that I talked to bothered to listen to what I had to say, they just heard a key phrase or two and read their pre-scripted answer and transferred me to someone else. I was asked to forward my order summary e-mail to a supervisor so that they could verify that I had actually ordered an i5 processor, only to be told that their information showed that I had received an i5 processor without even bothering to do a diagnostic to check what I actually had. I finally asked one of the Tech Support guys if he could do the diagnostic and that is when they finally escalated the issue to the right department over an hour and a half after I initially called. I was told to expect a response within 48-72 hours at the latest. Today was the 72 hour mark and I still have not received a call. I called Technical Support myself to see what the issue was, and I was told to just wait another 24-48 hours with no explanation at all for what was causing the delay. This should be a pretty simple fix. They have the record showing what I ordered, and they have the diagnostic information showing that I did not receive what I ordered. Why on earth should this take more than 3 days to resolve?? Please help me understand as I find this to be completely unacceptable.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

March 8th, 2013 08:00

Hi Roger,

Thank you for posting your comments and bringing your concerns to my attention. Allow me to sincerely apologize for any difficulties you may have encountered in attempting to resolve your concerns.

Please contact me privately, by clicking on my name in blue, selecting the email icon or Start a Conversation, and providing the following information. I am happy to look into this matter on your behalf.

Name:
Email Address:
Shipping Address:
Phone Number:
Order Number:
Service Tag #:
Country of purchase:
Current country location:
Reason:

Thanks,
Lorna

No Events found!