Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 11th, 2013 12:00

Verification Department Has Flawed Processes - Delays Sales and Poisons Customer Relationships

On July 19th I  ordered $1,900 computer.  I opted to open a Dell account to take advantage of the interest free deal. My mistake. They sent me to the verification department. They asked me about my primary contact number. I gave them my cell number. They said “No, that is not correct.”. This was the beginning of an insane journey- one that has been going on almost four weeks. On the fifth or sixth call, I realized they wanted an old land-line telephone number. They stated they would need to call that number. I said it is disconnected. They said they would need to go through an alternative method. I have no idea what that means, they will not say. Nothing has happened, yet. They won’t say when they will be done verifying who I am. In the meantime, they have completed the credit check, opened a new credit account and impacted my credit report. However, I have nothing to show for it. It is the most frustrating experience I have ever had in my life. Their customer service department does not help and when asked to speak to a supervisor – they put you into a number that rings and rings and rings and rings… Unbelievable. I read the fact that Dell has delays in selling PCs to its customers and it is contributing a perception that the company may not be around for the long term. They may want to take a look at the verification department - they are adding unnecessary delays and destroying customer relationships.

1.3K Posts

August 11th, 2013 22:00

Hi BoppieT,

Thank you for posting your comments and bringing your customer experience to our attention. Please let me know if I can be of any help here.

You could send me the order details through a private message. I would be happy to check the details for you and assist further.

To send me a private message, click on my Forum username and then click Start conversation.

No Events found!