Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 27th, 2013 17:00

Verification Department

Hello,

I have had many Dell products and the products itself is great.  Majority of the time I purchase Dell products through third party retailers.  However, recently I've had a few issues regarding purchasing products through Dell's site.

On August 20, 2013 - Made initial purchase everything seem to go through.

On August 21, 2013 - Email received that my order was placed on hold.  Tried contacting Dell several times with the number provided,  I've waited on hold in total about 2~3 hours.  I gave up trying to contact Dell that day.

On August 22, 2013 - Checked my account and the order has shipped, I assumed they everything is alright now (I was very wrong).

On August 23, 2013 - Tracking shows it was out for delivery, made arrangements that someone is at the house.  Later found out that Dell has cancelled the order.

Chatted with online support and said they are limited to what information they could see and I would have to call verification department.  Called the verification department and explained that the order has been cancelled due billing information (??).  They said I would have to talk to my bank to know the specifics and the order cannot be shipped back even if I provided a new card.  After confirming the cancellation I asked if I could make another same order and the representative proceeded to connect me to the sales department.

I talked with the sales department and said couldn't process a new order without verification department lifting the hold.  So I had to call the verification department again, and they gave me a new customer id number.

I got connected to a Dell Outlest Sales Department and he mentioned that the original product I ordered for is not available, and he proceeded to find a similar product (however slightly higher priced).  This time I was diligent on providing the correct billing information using a card that I knew would work.

On August 24, 2013 - I checked my email and indeed I got a confirmation email for my new order.  Checked my bank and the amount has been placed on hold.  I thought everything was gravy.

~weekend passes~

On August 27, 2013 - Checked my email and there was no changes.  However, still worried, checked my Dell account and this new order has been cancelled.  I called the verification again.  Checked my billing was indeed in order and the representative said he will check into it and will call back no later than 30 minutes.

~an hour and thirty minutes passes~

Called the verification number again.  I told the new representative of situation and generally asking why the other guy wouldn't call back.  He said the other guy would call back.  I mentioned that I need to go to class in a bit then the representative cuts me off before I explain that I might not be able to pick up the phone.  He immediately cuts me off and says he would need my student email.  I asked him why would he need my student email.  He says that I mentioned going to school and that's why he needs it.  I asked why he couldn't use the email that Dell has in their system.  He proceeded to explain that I need a "registered email" to contact me.  I told him that he can contact me just fine using the given email.  He proceeded to say without the student email he would be no longer looking into the matter.  Baffles and at this point frustrated I asked for a refund.  He says fine and the refund should show up on my account in an hour.  He hangs up.

~couple of hours passes~

No refund yet.

I have dealt with bad customer service, but if you're polite and patient customer service usually helps.  However, this verification department is the most rudest "customer service" department I have ever spoken to.  I would like to ask about my refund, but at this point I'm honestly tired of calling Dell's "customer service."  Is there any way resolve this problem without going through terrible customer service?  In actuality I still want to purchase the original product I've order, but since that time the price has changed and I wanted it last Friday (thus I initially ordered it with 2 day shipping).  If anyone online from Dell would willing to help my circumstance I would greatly appreciate it.

Also, giving where credit is due, the sales department for Dell's outlet is fantastic.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

August 27th, 2013 18:00

slecker

The best board to post this in, is the Customer Care forum HERE.

Bev.

No Events found!