Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

March 27th, 2018 15:00

Very Misleading

As the subject states above, Dell is operating a very shady business by telling you one thing to get you to buy but then drop the Delay Bomb on you after the fact. I went on the site and built a few custom setups but the delivery dates were always a bit to long, a month or more in some cases, so instead I looked and saw they had deals running on these pre-configured systems and also noticed that the delivery dates were very short. So looked through and found one that would suit my needs, it did have one thing about it I didn't like but was willing to deal with it all because it stated clear as day on the page "Arrives By" and it was less than a week. Sold. I finish everything up in the cart and even at the end added the speedy shipping which changed the "Arrives By" date to even sooner. Finish my order, get a confirmation email which always clearly stated "Arrives By" so I was happy. Then I log on today, the day it stated it would have "Arrived By" and nothing, hadn't shipped was just stuck in the confirmed mode. I called and low and behold I was advised that one piece of the whole system was back ordered and that until it arrived I was stuck waiting, for how long, they couldn't even say. Could be days, weeks or maybe a month. I come on here and see this is very common. My whole issue is that at no point was it apparent that this could happen. Everything stated "Arrives By", not "Ships By" or "Expected By" or "This is backordered". They don't seem to want that to effect your decision to buy. Don't place "Arrives By" all over the place and then not fore fill your end. You know what happens when I do that at my job, tell my boss Ill get something done by a certain date and time and then don't? I get wrote up. In this case the customer is just left waiting and waiting, for how long who knows. I bought that system because it met 90% of what I wanted and I was sold the lie that it would "Arrive By" a certain date. Guess I'll just sit and wait, what else can I do? Cancelling the order and waiting for all that mess to resolved would just be more of my time wasted.

No Responses!
No Events found!