Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

May 10th, 2011 06:00

Walsh Western Issues thread

We apologize for all the Walsh Western tracking issues. This is a USA based Forum. You should contact the Customer Service teams for your country to address Walsh Western issues. They will be better equipped to see your UK/Ireland order number and the tracking data.

Walsh Western Contact information:
Ellesmere Port, UK Phone:+44 (0)151 350 1005
Havant, UK Phone:+44 (0)2392 244 700
Hinckley, UK Phone:+44 (0)1455 62 2500
Lutterworth, UK Phone:+44 (0)1455 204 610

Dell customer care/service. If already out of warranty, click hereFind your Service Tag
DELL-Chris M
#IWork4Dell

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

July 13th, 2013 11:00

Right with you on that one but in my experience with Dell and being a Dell Partner you still cant talk to anyone who can do something except pass it on or escalate (I love that word) the problem. Too late when on your day off and the parcel does not arrive or get this they change the delivery date online I had one changed 3 times. I even paid for a machine and had the order cancelled as the machine did not exist or was sold to someone else that had to be my fault as I was not offered an alternative or future discount.

2 Posts

July 23rd, 2013 15:00

Was due for delivery today 23rd july as per email 

Your Dell Order is scheduled to arrive between 08:00 and 18:00 on the 23/07/2013. Please arrange for someone to be there 
throughout this time - as we cannot be more specific about the time of delivery.

The tracker on WW website said it was out for delivery this morning at 08:00 

23/07/13 08:02 BPO - PRESTON ORDER ON DELIVERY.

Had all ready taken the day off work to receive the delivery I have waited 2 weeks for and it is now 22:00 on the 23rd july and still no delivery. there is no way i would have missed the delivery as ive been sat near my front door all day. So have now lost a full days pay at work and got no idea where my computer is or when it will be delivered and have to work again tomorrow. So dont get much time to sort all this out and chase up my delivery plus no doubt i will now not be at home to accept the delivery as I cant keep sitting at home and missing work on the off chance they will turn up with my computer. 

The whole service has been shocking,  no delivery , no contact, no updates. 

25 Posts

July 30th, 2013 13:00

I have just came across this thread & cant believe that the Walsh Western / Delivery issues have been going on for over 2 years! I posted this thread:
http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/customercare/f/4674/t/19518966.aspx

This is absolutely shocking service from Dell. Any other business would have well & truly ditched their extremely troublesome courier after a certain amount of complaints but 2 years worth?! I am absolutely astounded at this!

25 Posts

July 30th, 2013 13:00

Having taken a very expensive day off work subject to a planned delivery email received on 25th July stating the following:

"Your Dell Order is scheduled to arrive between 08:00 and 18:00 on the 30/07/2013. Please arrange for someone to be there"

I have been left completely disappointed that no delivery has taken place and to say that I am furious with Dell is an understatement!

Despite taking my contact details in addition to my email address at the point of sale, There has been absolutely no contact, no updated email - Nothing to suggest that my order wasn't to be delivered today!  The order status information in my account states that the order was dispatched on 24th July. This is backed up in the tracking information on the couriers website which also states that the unit was dispatched from hub (Lutterworth) which I expect is Leicestershire at 06:36 on 28th July. There is no tracking information after this.

I have tried contacting Dell & Walsh Western several times without success which is only adding to my frustration. My initial reaction at this time is to demand a full refund immediately - If only I could get through to someone!!. I would hope however, that Dell will drop the contempt that they are currently demonstrating and contact me at the earliest possible opportunity!

OTR

July 30th, 2013 22:00

Hi ontherun,

Thank you for providing us your feedback and issues in our Community and Welcome!

Apologies that carrier was not able to deliver as it says it would. If you can provide me with the following information via private message ( click my username in blue, Start Conversation );

Dell Order Number:
Account Name:
Shipping Address:

I will be glad to look into your order and assist you the best I can.

Thank you for choosing Dell.

25 Posts

July 30th, 2013 23:00

Message sent as requested.

OTR

25 Posts

July 31st, 2013 05:00

I can't believe that I'm seeing google searches throw up delivery complaints as far back as 2005! WHAT!?!?! And Dell still use them?!?!?!?!

http://www.hjackson.org/blog/archives/2005/03/07/walsh-western-shambles

http://about.omelett.es/journal/2007/04/poor-service-from-walsh-western/

http://blogs.warwick.ac.uk/robmcgonigle/entry/walsh_western_aka/

I don't have time for a thourough search as yet, but the links above will provide some insight.

Shocking!!

25 Posts

July 31st, 2013 05:00

To recap.

All Dell have been able to do thus far is provide a link to their courier website tracking which I already had access to! So in essence, Dell have done absolutely nothing to help or provide me with a firm date / time of delivery! Absolutely appauling service from Dell

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

July 31st, 2013 08:00

And Dell still have not put anything on this post, to explain or any corrective action they are taking that's the customer service you get after you pay your money. Someone tell me what is Dell's delivery times. My machine was made in Limerick Ireland but shipped from Hungry how does that work?

25 Posts

July 31st, 2013 10:00

Update!

Having eventually recieved a response from Syncreon that they would look into my order, I tried calling them again to discuss in more detail rather than email tennis. Needless to say, I was unssuccessful for the hundredth time. However, I did persuade them to call me.

They put the issue down to a delay in getting the package to the local courier and proceeded to contact them. I spoke with Annette at Syncreon / Walsh Westernwho was very polite, helpful and did provide reassurance that she would have it sorted and she did. My order was recieved within hours! Thank you Annette!

Nevertheless, the parcel should have been delivered when they said it would and they MUST  take on board their obvious failings, take responsibility and realise the expense and inconvenience that their current methods of delivery cause to customers!

I must emphisise, that I have had absolutely no help or assistance from Dell whotsoever on prompt delivery and will NOT be buying from them again.

OTR

6 Posts

July 31st, 2013 13:00

I must emphisise, that I have had absolutely no help or assistance from Dell whotsoever on prompt delivery and will NOT be buying from them again.

I'm with you on this.  Dell's customer service has been getting worse over the last few years and they don't seem able (or willing) to do anything about it.

We've now moved away from Dell as well.

25 Posts

August 1st, 2013 05:00

I had started a specific thread for my particular problem and notice that the Dell mods have moved it into the 'Walsh Western'  thread to which Dell don't seem to respond to in any way!

As far as I'm concerned, the issue of NON delivery is systemic throughout the Dell organisation and not just Walsh Wetern.

Moreover, why dont Dell post any updates of what they have in place to improve their performance on delivery?? What is their continuous improvement strategy toward delivery and providing the standard of customer care required from an organisation of it's size?

What steps have they taken to ensure that the preferred courier service provided by Walsh Western improves to an acceptable standard?

It would appear that their outlook to business is fire fighting and they are absolutely hopeless at that!

Don't just look through the community forum. Google is full of it.

Rant Over!

OTR

25 Posts

August 2nd, 2013 05:00

More evidence that this is not just a Walsh Western issue and more of a systemic issue with Dell :emotion-12:

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/customercare/f/4674/t/19468657.aspx?PageIndex=1

OTR

24 Posts

August 17th, 2013 01:00

Well, my order stats have finally updated, and it's now in MANCHESTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BETTER YET, THAT'S WHERE I AM!!!!!!!! I think it is coming on monday, definitely. ETA was monday. Just two more days.:emotion-2:

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

August 19th, 2013 05:00

Good luck let us know how it turns out, on time or not

No Events found!