Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 31st, 2016 08:00

Warranty No information available.DELL M6700 Manufacturer refurbished off lease

Hi I am going to buy a used dell m6700 but from the service tag I can find No information available, so It does not have anymore warranty? Or I need to make a transfer from the former owner? Can you help me please? Thanks a lot.

Warranty details for your Precision M6700

Service Tag: xxxxx Ship date: May 24, 2016 Country: United States

Service Provider Start date (GMT time zone) End date (GMT time zone)
No information available.

9.4K Posts

June 1st, 2016 09:00

Hi Han Lin,

Thanks for posting.

It would appear that if a 9 day old system is for sale as used, there's either something wrong with it or it may be stolen.  Do you know the owner?  If this is from an auction site, sometimes it is very difficult to transfer ownership from 3rd parties.  If the seller is offering it at lowered price, then it might not be such a good deal.  If you have the money to purchase one at this price point that is practically new, it would be better to purchase directly from Dell than risk the problems with a 9 day old "used" system.

If you need further assistance, please contact me privately.

Regards,
Robert

June 2nd, 2016 10:00

Dear Robert,

thanks so much for your kind answer and patience, I asked seller the owner they said directly from dell... then no other info... About the stolen I have had with an used pc then I found it was changed BIOS chips after years when changing thermal grease, I doubt it was stolen... 

I will send you a message, later.

Thanks

Yours ALEX 

No Events found!