huntds
1 Copper

Warranty information changed after reaching Dell support for laptop issue

I have purchased Inspiron 7348 2-in-1 in Jan, 2015 and I have warranty till 25th April, 2016. Today I checked the status on dell.com and approached dell support to resolve an issue with an hope that it covers under warranty. The agent asked me the date I have purchased(I answered, Jan,2015) and he told me that dell gives warranty for only 1 year and my system wont cover under warranty. I shared the screen shot from warranty page on dell website which shows warranty till 25th April, 2016. After few minutes he responded that it is not in warranty and asked me to refresh the page to check warranty status, I did and to my surprise the warranty status now changed to 25th Jan, 2016. When I asked him how it got changed all of a sudden, he disconnected the chat session without responding further.

Now I don't have any proof for warranty, except the screen shot I have taken from warranty status page before it was changed when approached support. I don't have bills for purchase/warranty proof.

Highly disappointed with Dell and it support agency. They don't even have any feedback process to express my concerns with the agent attitude.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

RE: Warranty information changed after reaching Dell support for laptop issue

Our apologies that he disconnected. Unfortunately, the external website is frequently in error and not contractually binding. What is binding is our internal tools which show the order date which is when the warranty starts. This is what we must go by. When the technician looked up the data internally, he discovered the external website error and corrected it. You may click my username and send me a private message with the service tag number so I can also confirm the warranty data in our internal tools. Also send me the technicians name and SR number if he gave you one.

0 Kudos