Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 3rd, 2016 11:00

Warranty question: Dell Ultrasharp U3415w purchased from Amazon

I am looking to purchase a previously owned Dell Ultrasharp U3415w monitor. The individual that owns the monitor purchased it off Amazon. He does not have the original receipt from Amazon, but was able to get Amazon Customer Service to email him a "generic" duplicate receipt...does not have any of the Amazon logos, etc.. It does include the order number, a receipt number, purchase date (shipment date July 15, 2015), but no serial number. In conversation, he stated he had never registered the monitor...went online and did the registration as we spoke. QUESTION: what is the Dell warranty guidelines for items purchased from Amazon if warranty service is required? What type of receipt or documentation is actually required to be provided to Dell, if requested? I did call Dell customer service and the rep looked up the warranty info using the Express Code. It reflects a Start Date of July 05, 2015...the rep stated this was the date the monitor was shipped to Amazon. Please advise. Thanks.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

February 3rd, 2016 12:00

I removed the tag and code from this public post. The warranty period will be from when the service tag shipped from Dell. The 3 year warranty period does not start over when a seller sells the monitor to you.

July 05, 2015 to October 03, 2018

If you have already transferred the service tag number into your name, shipping address, etc., then all you need to do is provide the service tag number to Dell Technical Support. They will troubleshoot the issue and if need be, exchange it with a refurbished U3415W.

2 Posts

February 3rd, 2016 17:00

I do understand the warranty begins the date Dell shipped to Amazon -or- the date originally purchased from Amazon as evidenced by an Amazon receipt. My question is (was): Once the transfer from the original purchaser to me is completed on the Dell site, if warranty service is needed, since the U3415W was not originally purchased from Dell, will the original receipt from Amazon be required to get the warranty service or will Dell simply go by the ship date from Dell to Amazon? Thanks... 

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

February 4th, 2016 05:00

No. Once the transfer form is completed, your information will be tied to the tag. You will use the data from the receipt to fill in the form.

No Events found!