Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 4th, 2017 01:00

Warranty started before my purchase

I bought a Dell Laptop on 14 October 2017. Its service tag is . But the following message is showing in Dell website with a shipping date of 14 Sept. Can anybody rectify this warranty wrong information? I bought it in Singapore. Please help me immediately.

6 Posts

November 4th, 2017 05:00

Mine shows that as well.  I bought it in early October 2016 at a Best Buy in the US.  The screen just started messing up with mine at the end of October 2017.  Dell shows the warranty started some time in either August or September if I remember correctly.  Either way I was just outside of the warranty window when my issue arised.  

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

November 4th, 2017 08:00

You must register the system to activate the warranty if it was purchased other than direct from Dell.

www.dell.com/.../retailregistration

5 Posts

November 4th, 2017 19:00

I do not think that registering on that link has any effect. Otherwise the start date would have been changed. I have tried to register again but it shows that the product is already registered as per my expectation. I am not sure if I registered on 14 Oct or on the next day but I did that definitely for sure.

5 Posts

November 4th, 2017 19:00

Hi ejn63,

I already registered on 15 October using the same link you provided but the warranty start date has not changed till today. When I check the warranty start and end date using the service tag, it still shows 14 Sept as the start date and that is why I posted my problem in this forum. If possible, kindly help me to solve this problem.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

November 5th, 2017 03:00

Contact your seller for assistance if the registration doesn't go through.  If the the system was originally imported through grey-market channels (from another country, etc.).,  only your seller will be able to assist you.

5 Posts

November 5th, 2017 20:00

Registration was successful and there was no error. I only said that this registration didn't change the warranty dates which is the main problem. I contacted my seller but he said that there is no Dell manufacturing unit in Singapore and everybody exports from another country like Malaysia where it was manufactured.

If you have access to the Dell website as admin, how can the seller help me change the warranty start date? I could not understand your suggestion.

9.4K Posts

November 7th, 2017 06:00

Hi arnab2017,

Thanks for posting.
Was this computer purchased in the USA and exported to Singapore?  I'm having difficulty figuring this one out.  Computers purchased in the USA from a retailer will have the date changed to the customer's date of purchase for the warranty.  I'm not sure about other countries, as different countries have different rules.  It is possible that Malaysia and Singapore have rules against changing the warranty date.

5 Posts

November 7th, 2017 18:00

Hi Dell-Robert P,

I didn't purchase the laptop in USA. I am asking for help in this forum because I could not resolve the problem locally in Singapore. I purchased in Singapore and I am in Singapore. I know that this forum is for USA customers but I could not get any reply from any Dell representative in Singapore and that is why trying to get help from wherever possible.

I mentioned Malaysia because of the earlier suggestion from ejn63 about import or local manufactured item.

No Events found!