Highlighted
Talma85
1 Nickel

Warranty transfer USA to Israel

Jump to solution

Hello, I am planning to buy a G7 laptop in the US, and to bring it back to Israel, where I live. Do I need to ask for a international warranty when I am buying the laptop, or is the automatic warranty I get will be sufficient for making a warranty transfer? (I am planning to buy it at Bestbuy) In addition, I am interested in extending the warranty to 3 years. Should I request the extention at the store, while buying the laptop, or should I make the warranty extention when I get back to Israel? Thank you very much

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Warranty transfer USA to Israel

Jump to solution

Thank you for your message. For a system to be eligible for an international warranty, the system must meet 2 conditions.

1. The system must have a Premium onsite warranty.
  2. The system model must be officially released in your region (for parts availability)

Normally systems from BestBuy will have a basic depot warranty, which is not available in Israel. You may have to check with BestBuy to see if they sell systems with Dell premium onsite warranty.

The service extension is always recommended to be done through Dell.

If there is no Premium warranty option available with BestBuy, we would recommend you contact Dell sales team on 1-800-433-2392.

Dell-SreejithRamesh
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

1 Reply

Re: Warranty transfer USA to Israel

Jump to solution

Thank you for your message. For a system to be eligible for an international warranty, the system must meet 2 conditions.

1. The system must have a Premium onsite warranty.
  2. The system model must be officially released in your region (for parts availability)

Normally systems from BestBuy will have a basic depot warranty, which is not available in Israel. You may have to check with BestBuy to see if they sell systems with Dell premium onsite warranty.

The service extension is always recommended to be done through Dell.

If there is no Premium warranty option available with BestBuy, we would recommend you contact Dell sales team on 1-800-433-2392.

Dell-SreejithRamesh
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?