Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

L

August 5th, 2016 17:00

Well.Dell is the usual Dell. Twice delayed order, purchase with a promo code, do I lose it?

So beyond fed-up with Dell  I purchase well over $25k in electronics annually and Dell receives a very small percentage as they have not shown they do not want any more. So with a $200 promo code I received for a TV,  I applied it to a GTX 1070. This card is now available everywhere-same exact unit.  Dell has now delayed my order-twice. 3 weeks now. 

So, question is, what happens to my $200 promo code once I cancel my order and buy this from Amazon?

Thanks,

9.4K Posts

August 8th, 2016 06:00

Hi lovesexy,

Thanks for posting about your ordering experience.  The GTX470 is a very popular card, and the vendor that supplies them to us may have been unable to keep up with the demand, causing a backorder situation.  Apologies if your order has been delayed.

As far as the $200 promo code, depending on how you received that, it could be a variety of outcomes.  If it was a promotional gift card, if you cancel the order, the amount would revert back to the gift card, and would be available as long as the card has not expired.

If you would like for me to look into this further, please contact me privately and include your order information.  Thanks.

Regards,
Robert

15 Posts

August 8th, 2016 13:00

Robert, I sent you a PM and of course, Dell website CRASHED! It crashed last night as well trying to make a small purchase with a promo card I had.  FYI, I originally stated GTX470 but since corrected myself to GTX1070. The GTX470 is DC'd. The GTX1070 is available right now, same exact item from several sources and have been for some time. Why Dell is out of stock and delays my order an additional 3 weeks is confusing, but along the lines of expectations. 

I realize none of this is your fault and Dell upper management is to blame, but do they realize these and the abundance of other complaints here are behind their declining sales? 

In fact, last night I went to use a $70 promo code on a Qnap $549 NAS on your site. Ultimately, because your site crashed again, I decided instead to buy some $55 speakers and forget the balance. Buying the NAS elsewhere. Just not worth the hassle anymore. We have options. 

Let me know if you received my PM. Thank you. 

9.4K Posts

August 10th, 2016 08:00

Unfortunately, I haven't received your PM.

-Robert

No Events found!