Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

February 10th, 2013 13:00

What has happened to Dell? #2

Dear Dell,

What has happened to Dell's customer support? What has happened to Dell honoring its Complete Care Warranty without hassle? I having trying without ANY success for the past 8 months to get Dell to honor my Complete Care Warranty.

I have made numerous phone calls about this issue and have been transferred, over and over and over again to 'someone from the right department.' I have asked to speak to supervisors who again stated I was speaking to the wrong department despite having been guaranteed by the previous representative that he was 'transferring me to the right department.' Stuck in what I have come to call and 'avoidance' loop! While I understand this 'CompleteCare' warranty is no longer offered by Dell, what about those of us customers who had purchased it in the past? Should Dell not be held accountable?

I had been a long time customer both personally and professionally as an Elementary School Technology Coordinator. I have not only recommended Dell to many friends and family members, I have also not only recommended but also used Dell to purchase computers for the elementary schools I have worked for. This I am sad to say, has come to an end. As strongly as I recommended Dell in the past years, this is has strongly changed.

While I understand I am only one person, from reading many posts in your forum, it was sad to see that I am not the only customer complaining with regards to the decline of Dell Support and more specifically with regards to honoring the Complete Care Warranty they had purchased. On your website you advertise yourself as 'America's Best Support.'!

Complete Care   DELL 6/29/2009      3/6/2013

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

February 11th, 2013 10:00

SonyaS,

Can you explain what the issue is exactly? I mean, what accident occured to the computer?

2 Posts

February 11th, 2013 18:00

Thank you for your attention to this matter. As I had explained to many Dell CS Representatives, for well over the past 6 months now, while moving, my laptop was dropped from the moving van and smashed by the truck. There is no misunderstanding as to whether this type of 'accident' is covered or not. It was clearly an accident.

What is troublesome is that I never even got anyone to even attempt to assist me with my issue. As soon as I explained the situation, I was constantly transferred to 'a different department that could assist me better.' I was told that technical support was the department that I needed to speak to, upon speaking to them, initially I was told they didn't offer CompleteCare anymore. Whether they offer it anymore or not is irrelevant. Then i was told that while I purchased Complete Care, my warranty had just expired so while my Complete Care coverage was still covered I needed to also have a current Warranty. This made no sense. I asked to have a supervisor contact me to contact me to no avail. I have grown tired of having Dell shuffle me around.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

February 12th, 2013 06:00

while moving, my laptop was dropped from the moving van and smashed by the truck
That would not be covered by Dell with the standard warranty. That is defined by Dell as customer caused damage. But, you purchased the additional Accidental Damage Service warranty, so you are covered. 

No Events found!