Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 27th, 2017 13:00

What must I do to have my Dell Inspiron replaced new?

I paid well over a thousand dollars for a new Dell Inspiron laptop. I paid for their extended warranty and insurance.

My laptop started malfunctioning about a month ago, I took it to where I bought it, (Staples), they directed me to contact the insurance company. The insurance company told me it was still 'new' and to contact Dell.

After several weeks with Dell Support - 2 logon's from support and then 1 shipment to Dell. The laptop is still nonfunctional.

I called Dell again and they want me to send the laptop back for another evaluation. And I am furious. When the laptop returned early today it came with a letter stating it had been thoroughly tested and certified. I find this hard to believe as if it had actually been turned on Dell would have seen, I can still not logon. The keyboard does not work, the touch screen works for less than a split second - not even long enough for me to enter my 4 digit code.

I am at my last straw. I am going to write poor reviews everywhere that I can if I do not receive a working laptop within the next couple of days.

Note: I have been on hold for 54 minutes just waiting for a new service ticket number to have my laptop sent back, eating up my phone time.... unable to get work accomplished as I have NO WORKING LAPTOP

I will say this, this is the very last Dell product I will buy.

March 28th, 2017 03:00

Hi Tjmills,

Thank you for reaching out  to us on Dell Community Customer Care Board regarding your Notebook. 

Kindly Private Message the below details for us to review the case histor.

Registered Name :

Service Tag :

Email Address :

To Private Message, hover cursor over my user name and add as friend. 

Regards,

Fuzail

No Events found!