Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 11th, 2015 16:00

When can I expect my refund?

Dell received my return on December 4, and I was wondering how long it will take for them to credit my account? My return is an Inspiron 15 7000 series, if that matters at all.

20 Posts

December 12th, 2015 00:00

Advertised: 7-10 business days

Reality: months

12 Posts

December 12th, 2015 23:00

From what I've read on forums, people say from 3 days to well over 30 business days :emotion-7: 

2 Posts

December 15th, 2015 16:00

That's exactly what I was wondering.  Dell received my return on November 17th.  It is now December 15th and I have not received a credit.  I do not expect that I will EVER receive a credit without repeated nagging and potential legal action.

I'm currently on hold (60 minutes so far today).  This is my 4th call regarding this issue and I have been on the phone for over 4 hours total for this return.  I was once a huge Dell supporter/proponent, but this has been the worst customer service experience I have ever undergone.  I can't figure out if this is an intentional money-saving tactic or just lack of resources in the customer service department.

12 Posts

December 16th, 2015 13:00

Did you get anywhere by calling Dell? Did you use a credit card or debit card?

6 Posts

December 16th, 2015 14:00

ditto here!  they've had the computer, monitor etc. since 11/16 and now say an expedite request will be sent  to the refund dept. and I should wait another 10-15 business days!  I can't tell you the amount of time I've spent on hold and no supervisor ever comes on the phone.  Nor will anyone ever say where the refund office is located. If the computer and monitor had worked as expected this would not be necessary but DELL made  mistake and they seem to be afraid of people calling their Texas offices.

Best luck to you in your request.

2 Posts

December 16th, 2015 16:00

Fishingbird: It's too soon to tell.  My call to Dell yesterday lasted an hour and 40 minutes (almost all of which was holding).  I was told that my refund was in the final stage of the process (awaiting approval from the finance department) and that the refund would come in the next 3-4 business days.  I will give them this much time.  If I don't get the refund by that time I will try disputing the original charge with my credit card company.

I should mention that the representatives I have spoken with so far have been pleasant, but most of what they have told me has not panned out.  The first representative never sent me the shipping label and did not clarify that the number he gave me was the "CRA" number I needed for the return.  The second representative was the most helpful and was able to confirm the CRA number and he actually sent me the shipping label within minutes (as promised).  He also said the refund would take less than 15 business days...which turned out to be inaccurate.  The third call consisted of me holding for 38minutes before someone picked up and told me the department was now closed and I should call back later.

I will let you know if/when I eventually get a refund.

6 Posts

December 16th, 2015 19:00

Just curious, but does Dell read these comments and just ignore them?  

i.e.  Where are you Dell people?  Do you know what customer service is supposed to mean?  In the past you stated that customers could speak to cs reps. in the US if requested!  HaHa!  The parties in India have been very polite but have proven to be useless and the tech. support that tried to resolve the problems solved nothing.  What's your address in Austin, TX?  I'd like to stop by and discuss this. 

12 Posts

December 19th, 2015 12:00

Good luck to everyone on your returns!

6 Posts

December 19th, 2015 14:00

Part of refunds are starting to appear; maybe 1/3, but the bigest item, a monitor, was receive by DELL 5 days before the others, and it hasn't been refunded yet.  Now must wait till Monday since the refund dept. isn't open on weekends! 

12 Posts

December 27th, 2015 14:00

RSTANSEL, have you been fully refunded yet?

6 Posts

December 27th, 2015 15:00

Refeund for large monitor still missing but told they made an error in processing and are resetting the refunds up.  Waiting for no more then 5 more days now and we'll see.

12 Posts

January 1st, 2016 19:00

I finally received my refund! 

1 Message

September 1st, 2019 17:00

Did you re receive your money yet?

1 Message

April 15th, 2021 14:00

I'm going through this right now.   Things haven't changed from 2015 to 2021.   It's ridiculous.  

April 16th, 2021 23:00

How do I reach this escalation team? When I call I get told to call verification team.  I don't know what to say except Dell sure has a lot of teams, which to my experience do not explain nor correct the issues.

No Events found!