Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

K

May 12th, 2014 16:00

When is a phone call not a call?

I called Dell support for an issue with my XPS 1810 , I have the upgraded support options:

Complete Care
DELL
4/30/2014
5/1/2017
Premium Hardware and Software Support
DELL
5/1/2015
5/1/2017
Next Business Day Support
QLX
5/1/2015
5/1/2017
Premium Hardware and Software Support
DELL
4/30/2014
5/1/2015

But when I called twice all I received were people who did not know about  my products, did not understand English and then on top of that after a 20 minute call. The second person took control of my PC and verified what I told him, he was supposed to send me the ticket info and arrange for a tech to come out to install the missing part.  I checked today and there was no record of the call.  However I recorded the call myself.  So the question is who at Dell do I send it to, to make sure the slacker who wasted 20 minutes of  my time get talked to about completing a service ticket.  I also have my phone log of when the call was made. Is there any option with an XPS 8010 to get US based support that understands English, and knows the product. Just an update I checked my phone and I actually have a recording of the call, Colorado is a one party state for permission, although I guess when you call Dell they tell you the call might be recorded too?

8.8K Posts

May 13th, 2014 14:00

komondor

You can use this form to contact Dell.  As far as I know, there is no consumer support located in the USA.

Z...........

20 Posts

May 31st, 2014 08:00

I had hoped with the Premium Hardware and software support it would be US based.  I guess my bad for not trying to dig deeper. I am still waiting to hear back from Dell about returning the computer but I think they are just trying to stall past the 30 days.

8.8K Posts

May 31st, 2014 09:00

komondor

Fill out that form again that I put up here and send it in.

How long have you had this computer... (what's the date on the invoice?)

As far as your recording, keep it.... Dell records all their calls and can pull it up if needed.

Z............

No Events found!