Highlighted
Rbobby
2 Bronze

Who's responsible for beating on USPS and FedEx about stalled warranty return?

I recently received a replacement disk drive under warranty which arrived by FedEx overnight, and I couldn't be more satisfied. However, using the supplied pre-paid return label, I dropped it off at the local post office (a real post office) on Thursday July 24, and both the USPS and FedEx tracking info shows that it's still there. I'm starting to get polite robocall reminders about returning the device, so is it my duty to call either FedEx or the USPS to have them get their act together?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Rbobby
2 Bronze

RE: Who's responsible for beating on USPS and FedEx about stalled warranty return?

Just a followup to suggest that maybe Dell doesn't want to use this FedEx SmartPost return service if it's actually interested in getting warranty returns in a timely manner. As I noted in the first post, the failed disk was dropped off at the USPS on July 24. USPS and FedEx tracking say it was picked up on July 26. Looking at the FedEx tracking info just now, I see that it somehow took until August 8 to move a few miles across town to a FedEx SmartPost facility, and then leave there today, August 9. I wonder where it's been all this time, and I wonder where it is now.

0 Kudos
zbestwun2001
5 Iridium

RE: Who's responsible for beating on USPS and FedEx about stalled warranty return?

Rbobby

Personally I wouldn't pay any more attention to its progress.  If you have mailed it back just ignore the robo calls. 

Z

Dell Forum Member Since 2004 but not an employee of Dell

If this answers your question, click
  Yes  

0 Kudos