Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

UC

March 10th, 2014 17:00

Why will nobody tell me what is wrong with my order and why it cannot be completed?

About three weeks ago I ordered my dream Alienware laptop, but instead of a computer, all I've received is a run around from Dell's Customer Care people.

The first thing that happened was that i received a phone message asking me to get in touch regarding my VISA. I also received an email regarding the same. I called the number given in the email and the person I spoke to told me that it was okay after all, that VISA had approved the charge for the computer. I waited about a week, and then contacted customer care by live chat to find out what the status of my order was. The customer care rep told me that there was a configuration error, and that I would have to cancel my order and reorder. He then put me directly in touch with customer care to re-order my computer. But the customer care rep told me that there was nothing wrong with my order, that it was in production, and that it was scheduled for delivery on Thursday, March 13th. I have a copy of that chat.

Today I received an email from Jimmi in Customer Care advising that:
And this is to inform you that your computer order is stuck in production as there is one SKU or a part in the configuration which is out of stock and the order needs to be canceled and reinstated by removing that SKU. So in reference to this we request you to contact our sales team on chat and they will be happy to assist you in rebooking the order. I regret any inconvenience caused to you.

I contacted the customer care people on chat and after a lengthy run around, the Customer Care Supervisor told me that there was a "processing error" and that I would have to cancel my order and reorder. The Customer Care Supervisor would or could not tell me what the "processing error" was and told me I had to deal with the sales staff. I have a copy of that chat.

I then went on chat with the sales team, and was basically told that they could do nothing for me AND THAT I SHOULD CONTACT CUSTOMER CARE. I have a copy of that chat. Basically, I am left in a never-ending run-around loop. The Customer Care staff made me feel as though i had done something wrong. I don't ever want to be in touch with them again.

Nobody will tell me what the problem is with my order. This is a $5,000 Alienware laptop. My initial excitement has turned first to disappointment, then to frustration, then to rage, and now I am in another sphere altogether. I now feel as though I am trapped in a Monty Python sketch, where the customer is always wrong and will be punished for trying to buy something. 

Listen, guys. I just want my computer. Why can't anyone tell me what is wrong with my order? Is there anybody out there at Dell who wants to help me buy my computer? 

Here is an excerpt of the chat with sales staff where they refer me back to customer care, who had just referred me to sales:

(Me): "Today I was told that there was an SKU part that was out of stock, and that was why my order was not processed. Now I am being told the problem is with my payment?"
03/10/2014 05:53:25PM (Me): "I kept a copy of the chat, by the way, so I have proof of two chats where I was told that there was a problem with the computer parts, and now I am being told it is the payment that was already verified by Dell. I'm getting really frustrated and don;t think I will ever get my computer.
03/10/2014 05:53:38PM Agent (Kaleemuddin M): "let me pull it nw"
03/10/2014 05:55:44PM (Me): "I'd really like my computer. Is this kind of run-around normal?"
03/10/2014 05:56:10PM Agent: "it wont happen usually"
03/10/2014 05:56:42PM Agent: "have you spoken to customer care about it"
03/10/2014 05:57:50PM (Me): "Yes, twice, and they kept telling my conflicting stories. First it was that there was a configuration error with the computer, then today they told me there was an SKU part out of stock, and both times I have to reorder, when none of this is my fault. Really bad customer service. The worst I have encountered.
03/10/2014 05:58:14PM Agent: "I am very sorry about it"
03/10/2014 05:58:21PM (Me): "I ordered a computer, I gave Dell my Visa, and i expected to get a computer, not a run-around."
03/10/2014 05:59:08PM Agent: "Laura, the best thing for you to do is to speak to customer care again, as I am from sales team, even if you chat with us numerous times, we wont be able to help you effectively"
03/10/2014 05:59:50PM Agent: "as all our after sales queries are only being dealt with customer care only"
03/10/2014 06:00:06PM (Me): "No. I cannot speak to them. They told me that I hav to speak to you people and re-order. They could not tell me what the problem was. They said it was a processing error but that they did not know the details and i would have to re-order. Doesn't anyone want to help me?
03/10/2014 06:02:31PM (Me): "Somebody at your end must be able to help me. This is a $5,000 computer I ordered. This is insane. Just someone please tell me what is wrong with my order, and i will fix it. Why am I getting such a horrible run around?"

8.8K Posts

March 11th, 2014 11:00

Unwanted customer

I would suggest contacting and escalating this with Alienware, you can email them at this address:

AWCC-Resolution_experts@Dell.com

Z........................

March 12th, 2014 11:00

Thank you.  I think I may go that route.

5 Posts

March 13th, 2014 14:00

Thanks I just did the same

No Events found!