Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 1st, 2015 13:00

Worst purchase experience ever - Dell duplicated my Xbox One order, then cancelled both orders. Now customer service won't respond/help.

I purchased an Xbox One Fallout 4 bundle from dell on Thanksgiving day. A duplicate order showed up on my account (I was charged for two Xbox orders) so I called customer support to have the second order cancelled.

I checked the original, non-duplicate order yesterday and found that it too had been cancelled without notice. To fix this mistake, and have them un-cancel my order, I have tried contacting customer service (unsuccessfully) via:

• Their online message system - they gave me number which put me on hold and no one ever picked up
  • Email - have yet to receive a response despite their claim that "We will revert to you within 1 business day"
  • Their numerous "Customer Support Phone Numbers" - one associate said he was transferring me to the correct department, but the line I was transferred to apparently isn't open during normal business hours ( this was at 9am on a Monday). The rest have simply kept me on hold for over an hour and never answered the phone

I've never experienced such terrible service and outright disregard for the customer. I only want to fix this problem and have my Xbox delivered so that I will never have to deal with Dell again. How can I have my order un-cancelled when no one will offer help or pick up the phone?

8 Posts

December 3rd, 2015 09:00

Try microsoft.com today - their 12 days of Christmas special involves an Xbox One plus lots of extras for $399.99.  But it's only good for one day. Fallout 4 comes as a free game option.

14 Posts

December 3rd, 2015 12:00

Feel lucky. I got mine in the mail yesterday only to find no extra controller or fallout 4. Was told by dell they are aware of the problem and  i should here back in two to three days. Guess ill call my credit card co and dispute the bill and keep the xbox.

17 Posts

December 3rd, 2015 14:00

what time did you order?  It was literally gone in seconds.

14 Posts

December 3rd, 2015 15:00

From what i was told the whole system crashed. Evidently many people got the xbox but no extras. They blamed it on the packaging dept. It just *** there were alot of good deals on bundles and alot of people missed out because of dell. I should have just gone to walmart........

14 Posts

December 3rd, 2015 15:00

I ordered right at 6 had it in my cart and checked out with paypal. Maybe thats why it went through so quick. But i knew there was trouble when i got my order confirmation and it didnt list the total order. Called friday to confirm and was told what was in my order and dont pay attention to order confirmation.  New it was to good to be true. If i dont get a resolution i will stop payment through credit card, and let them deal with it.

8 Posts

December 7th, 2015 08:00

Just received this email from Dell (nearly 4 days after the promise of an offer in 24 hours). I ordered a bundle elsewhere having no faith in Dell coming through.  Good luck if you want to try them again.

We are contacting you regarding your recent order XXXXXXXX for the Microsoft Xbox One Fallout 4 Bundle. We were unable to ship the Microsoft Xbox One Fallout 4 Bundle due to stock unavailability from Microsoft, but have an alternative bundle to offer you at the same promotional price.

We would like to offer you the same 1TB Xbox One Console with a comparable game bundling that includes Fallout 4 and FIFA 16 (Dell Part A8676465) at the same promotional price. To take advantage of this alternative offer, please call  1-800-247-2076 and select Option #3. Hours of operation areMonday – Friday 8:00 A.M. CST – 9:00 P.M. CST. Please reference your previous order number to ensure you are receiving the same great price.

This offer is available only until  December 16, 2015

We value your business and again sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused.

Regards,

Dell Customer Care
No Events found!