Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 11th, 2012 22:00

Wow, what happened to Dell?

I guess I have just been lucky in that, despite several purchases, I have not needed to contact customer service very often. Then in one order, wow, complete fail all around.  I did my usual purchase routine.  Hours on the Dell site selecting just the right product. In this case a new TV.  I selected a model that Dell also had a coupon for 220 off!  Great right? No, cust serv script says that's not off Dell's price, it's off the market price. No where does it state this detail however. In fact, the actual coupon value was $70. What? Well, I decided to purchase anyway since I had spent hours researching.  I placed my order Sunday night.  I then did some research at another site and realized Dell's website had conflicting information on some features.  What? First thing Monday morning I again called support who confirmed their information was incorrect.  I then requested cancelation.  Well amazing. Ordered at 7pm on a Sunday night and couldn't cancel because order had already shipped by 9am Monday morning? What?  Well since it was Dell's misinformation, I was provided a return cancellation number and instructed to accept delivery of the TV and call cust serv who would immediately process the full return so I could purchase the TV with my desired features.  What?  Well my 50" plasma arrived...and seriously.  A flimsy cardboard box with a few styrofoam corners shipped via UPS Ground..really?  Disaster. Box was fine but TV was a mess. Styrofoam in pieces and acrylic? all along top of TV cracked and split. Plastic was only partially wrapped around it and there was absolutely no packing protection at all between the screen (of which the power cord had been jammed up against) and the box to protect it. I didn't even look further.  I immediately called customer service and told them that I was returning the TV under the authorization number I had been given earlier in the week, however, I did want them to know it was also damaged.  Big mistake.  I got "Well not problem, I help you with this"   I was then very nicely told that I would need to do a damage return and refund (since I was not doing an exchange) which would take up to 30 Days to complete. What?  After an hour of trying to communicate my issue I was told my "cancellation" was no longer applicable because the TV was damaged. What? So, you misrepresent the features of a product that you deceptively advertised at an incorrect lower price and ship (a very fragile) and expensive item, (damaged before it even left the warehouse) via UPS gound and I must now spend untold hours dealing with scripted customer support robots to process a simple refund that I had planned to turn around and give you right back via another purchase? What? Really Dell?  Brick wall. Dead end. Appears no on has written customer service scripts for this type of incident. Darn. Well fortunately I used my Dell preferred account and since I don't plan to ever use it again, they can take their time processing my refund.  After seeing support for what it really is, nonexistant, I no longer "speak" Dell.  As consumers we always have the upper hand when it comes to spending our money and we too can write our own scripts.  After many years and many purchases at Dell the first and only line of my script is "No thank you, I'll take my money elsewhere!"

9.4K Posts

October 17th, 2012 05:00

Hi IceBoxJ,

Just wondering if you have been getting my Private Messages?  Waiting for your response there.

Regards,
Robert

2.3K Posts

October 11th, 2012 23:00

Hi IceBoxJ,

I`m sorry you are having so many problems with your TV. I will have a moderator contact you and hopefully you will get this resolved.

9.4K Posts

October 12th, 2012 04:00

Hi IceboxJ,

Sorry you are having problems with your recent order.  I may be able to assist.  Please contact me privately by clicking on my name in blue, then on the next page, click the envelope icon that says "start conversation", and send me your information.  Thanks.

Regards,

Robert

ref  23652259

4 Posts

October 13th, 2012 12:00

Oh lord, well I just spend another hour on the phone with support.  It appears that, despite all of the time and effort on Thurs. Oct 11, absolutly nothing was actually completed in the way of processing my damaged product return.  Fortunately, I called today for an update since I have had no contact at all from support.  This is just unacceptable.  Started the process all over again with "Sandra" and received yet another multi digit number (4th one to date) that is suppose to mean something is actually in progress.  I am not holding out much hope since Dell Support simply told me they had no idea what those other 3 numbers were when I attempted to follow up with them.  Wow is an understatement.  I'm completely done with Dell.

370 Posts

October 16th, 2012 15:00

Hi ICEBOXJ, 

I can certainly understand your frustration. Rather than call in to start with a new rep, you might consider reaching out to Robert (see above). He is really good at what he does.

Thanks,

Amy

4 Posts

October 16th, 2012 17:00

Hi Amy,

Yes, you are correct.  He has been great and very helpful!  It appears Dell moved this post from the "New to Community" section to your section (no clue why) so that's probably why it appears new on your side.   Unfortunately there is not much anyone can do for me or my situation.  I am stuck in the "customer support" black hole so it's all just a waiting game now.  In the meantime, I have decided to go a different route with my purchase so there is no longer any sense of urgency.  

Thanks again! 

No Events found!