Zorrofox
1 Copper

Wrong billing originally and now wrong billing and shipping on packing slip

I bought a laptop and mouse last year on the Black Friday sale and set up an account with Dell. I was tracking the order and was very excited that it was coming that day but when I checked again the order was cancelled by shipper and was being sent back. I called Dell and was connected to the verification dept. They told me a woman called and cancelled the order and had given my credit card number to cancel (which was not possible) I check with the credit card company they cancelled and reissued a card.  I called Dell verification back and the person told me "I am fraud," which upset me greatly and I said I wanted to talk to a manager. He arranged for a replacement to be sent out and I noticed during my research of what happened that all of my account information was correct specifically the billing and shipping addresses. I had been looking at the packing slip for the order and my billing address was wrong with an address in Kearny NE I'm in Tucson, AZ. I told the manager but he didn't seem to care.  I received the laptop but had to call more to finally get the mouse and asked for my billing address to be corrected even though it shows correct on my account. I needed warranty repair for the laptop and eventually bought the premium support and accidental damage through Dell. With my laptop fixed I relaxed, but a few weeks ago I went to my Dell account and it showed my support order was cancelled. I went to the packing slip of the order and not only the billing but also the shipping address was the Kearney, NE address and my account still shows my correct address. I contacted Dell and the verification dept. has cancelled the order because of this other address (it is another Dell customer with the same name) I have not received a refund which I would rather keep the order and get the problem fixed with the mixed up addresses. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Wrong billing originally and now wrong billing and shipping on packing slip

Yes this is a common issue I been trying to get a replacement since 2017 now they get my order sent out but goes to wrong address just like my original computer and now they get my order sent to the right address but it looks like a month before I'll even receive the exchange pc
0 Kudos
Kaw19
1 Copper

Re: Wrong billing originally and now wrong billing and shipp

Exact same thing just happened to me. Billing address changed they told me on the phone that someone had called and cancelled the order. Seems very shady

0 Kudos